drying on paper bags???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PEACE AND LOVE PEOPLE!!!! i believe this is a great topic..and a lot of opinions would be brought...but not to end like this cuze am the one with the fucked up weed...anywayssss.....1/4 of pound down the drain...am gonna try to get sum bubblebags and see if i can do something with it..am still ******* piss!!! first harvest and look what happens...i think i put them in jars too early...they were on paper bags for 1 1/2 week and then we put them in jar....wify was opening them every day but they were never pulled out until i came back a week later....and BOOM...NASTY MOLD ALL OVER IT!!!..i was able to save the ak-48 that i had...dont know why that one didnt catch any of it...but we all good.....7 more weeks and i be AIGHT!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS....GANJAGURU THAT GOES TO YOU TOO....AND STONEYBUD...WELL UR THE MAN!!! HICK U TOO!!!

It seems the problem was not in how you dried the buds, but how you cured them.
Curing is tricky. You walk a fine line between putting them in when they're too moist (mold) or letting them get too dry to let the curing process continue.
I thing I recommend is smelling the buds every time you open the curing jar (doesn't have to be a jar btw, just about any air-tight container will do--I cure my bud in old plastic relish containers from a local deli).
You can usually detect any mold beginning to form by an ammonia smell.
If this happens, immediently remove the buds from the jars and spread out on newspaper to dry a bit and remove the buds with mold forming, then re-start.
It takes a bit of trail and error--sorry you're error involved so much weed.

A. I don't know where you got the idea I use McDonalds bags. I don't, I use supermarket-type bags, ideally the ones with the "handles". Don't make things up.
I thought it was pretty funny. You do seem like a Mick D type of mentality.
B. I doubt it you know how people world-wide dry their weed.
You'd be wrong, as you are on so many other things you think you know. I've been in half the countries in the world and have seen more than you've read about.
C. One way to judge things is to talk to people who've done it. A good friend taught me about bag-drying and for several years after that I refined it.
You refined putting some weed in a paper bag? Man, you are tricky.
D. You can absolutely dry and cure at the same time. I've done it for 10 years now.
I didn't figure you knew the difference. Drying is actually rapid drying. Curing is nothing but slowing the drying process down so as to allow the hydration of the material to be even. It's impossible to dry rapidly and slowly at the same time.
E. You said if you hang dry no further handling of buds is necassary. Then how do you dry the small buds? Hang each one individually?
No, I hang the entire branch. Big buds, small buds, they all hang on the same branch they grew on.
F. You want stealth during drying. That's the main reason why people have their grows tucked away, hidden. If you're not worried about stealth, why do you lock the door to your drying room?
I don't have the space to devote an entire room to drying my weed. No matter how you slice it, bags sitting on the floor is far less conspicuous(sp) than a room filled with hanging pot.
I don't want stealth and I don't have to use stealth. The weed is drying in my house in it's own room. Why do I lock it? Because once in awhile I have visitors. I don't want them to walk into my drying room.
G. I have one advantage over you. I've tried both ways; you haven't. What you say about bag drying is opinion, what I state is fact. See the difference? I also know that if you and hick (and others) tried bag drying you'd change your tune toot sweet.
No, again you're wrong and have assumed something you have no way of knowing. Typical of your type of person. I've tried the "McDonalds Bag" method you use and I think it's an amatures method of doing the job. It causes mold more times than it doesn't and contaminants from the bag can transpose themselves into the weed you ingest into your body. The processes used during the making of the bag can contaminate your weed. Did you know that? Of course you didn't.
H. Your threats have absolutely no effect on what or when I post. You may want to get into some sort of mini-war with me but you're gonna have to find someone else to play with.
I haven't threatened you even once. I've warned you that your abusive behavior will be dealt with. If I have to delete each of your abusive posts each time you make them, I will. If they continue, I'll ask MarP to ban you. So far, every Moderator on this site has confirmed that you have become annoying and abusive in your posts. Do you really think that MarP will allow you to cause conflict on his site? Guess again. After seeing how you behave and how you react to criticism, I'd be surprised to see you here in another month or so. You should try to get along real good with that other site you go to. It may be your only choice if you don't stop insulting people on this site and being disrespectful to it's Moderators.
L. News Flash: only MarP can ban members. Not you, not hick.
Here's a News Flash for you; All of the Moderators on this site can suggest to MarP that he ban you. If we do, there is a real good chance that he will. He is, after all, the person who chose each of us to be the Moderators for his site. He did so because he trusts us to help him make this site work well for everyone. When one person such as you starts causing problems on a continuous basis, Hick, Mutt, TBG and myself are doing exactly what he wants us to do when we censor you. If you act like a butt head, you'll be treated as one, and you have been acting like one quite often lately. I would again advise you to stop doing so.
I've said my piece. If you want to keep up the threats/insults you might as well howl at the moon.
No threats or insults to you from me, however tempting it is to do so.

I'm promising you that you will not post abusive comments on this site as long as I'm a Moderator here. I'll delete each of them that you do so in, as I have already.

Now, why don't you get that HUGE chip off your shoulder and just stop being rude?

Why don't you give it up? It was kind of amusing to read your blathering insult-ridden tirade then see you post that you don't insult me.

I had no idea how little you know about weed. Let's take this:
"I didn't figure you knew the difference. Drying is actually rapid drying. Curing is nothing but slowing the drying process down so as to allow the hydration of the material to be even. It's impossible to dry rapidly and slowly at the same time."
If you think curing is just a way to "allow hydration to be even" I'm not even going to attempt to educate you; it would simply take too long.

Been in half the countries in the world huh?
Don't you see how much you're embarrasing yourself?

If you think curing is just a way to "allow hydration to be even" I'm not even going to attempt to educate you; it would simply take too long.
That you don't understand what I said proves only your own ignorance dude. That's part of your problem. You think you know more than you've shown you do. You brag.
Been in half the countries in the world huh?
Yes.

Tell you what man, you're really starting to bore me. I'm going to back the hell out of your life and let the other Mod's handle you.

I dislike you enough for it to cloud my actions concerning your treatment in regards to your posts.

MarP, Hick, Mutt and TBG, this one is all yours.

I'll watch.

I really don't want you to think it's personal Ganja.

I've had enough of your insulting egomania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back