Drying Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
This is likely a stupid question.

So, I’ve got my Skunk Auto drying now, and I’m seeing a lot of sugar leaves getting brown and crispy. Since this didn’t happen on my other plants I’m thinking that it may have to do with this plant having yellowing leaves as it was chopped (the sugar leaves weren’t yellowing when I chopped), I may have under-dried my other plants, or there may be some rot forming.

What are y’all’s thoughts?

Attachments

• ADD10C50-5021-4DC7-B5D8-67B8FD8D77D1.jpeg
    ADD10C50-5021-4DC7-B5D8-67B8FD8D77D1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2FD8E9B3-4D2F-42B8-976E-E562535A8085.jpeg
    2FD8E9B3-4D2F-42B8-976E-E562535A8085.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I just expierenced bud rot and this looks nothing like it. These sugar leaves were not dried out when you put them in to dry? I usually do a wet trim and cut all my sugar leaves off prio to drying so I’m not sure but I think that sugar leaves drying out during drying is normal but will wait for someone to chime in that does a dry trim like you to see for sure.

I just expierenced bud rot and this looks nothing like it. These sugar leaves were not dried out when you put them in to dry? I usually do a wet trim and cut all my sugar leaves off prio to drying so I’m not sure but I think that sugar leaves drying out during drying is normal but will wait for someone to chime in that does a dry trim like you to see for sure.
The sugar leaves were not dried out while the plant was in the ground (thank heavens). Thanks for the insight!

I think your going OK. Maybe go ahead and trim the sugar leaves now.. ?
I grew lots of weed before I joined here and this is where I learned about the 60/60 thing. 60 RH and 60 degrees in as much darkness as possible. Should take about 15 days roughly give or take and you should be able to at least take a puff or rip through a decent bowl with it.
How many days are you into drying?

Sounds good but 60 degrees is going to be tough to do for a lot of ppl. Dark and cool place inside in a closet will do the job.

I think your going OK. Maybe go ahead and trim the sugar leaves now.. ?
I grew lots of weed before I joined here and this is where I learned about the 60/60 thing. 60 RH and 60 degrees in as much darkness as possible. Should take about 15 days roughly give or take and you should be able to at least take a puff or rip through a decent bowl with it.
How many days are you into drying?
I’m at about day 5 into drying.

Latest posts

Back