dumb newb question but what is the black stuff left in pipes? can i smoke it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its resin from the smoke....its pretty harsh and not too good for your lungs...i wouldn't smoke it but you can

on the other hand, I have resorted to and smoked my resin and like LdyL said, its not so easy on the lungs...but I (run out of pot a lot) usually end up scraping my pipe in between. I say...smoke away! ;) Of course my voice sounds like shit afterwards.

I'm thankful to the tar and nasty build up which holds a low grade thc.. prolly lower than your average schwaggy dirt weed... But during those hard times it really helps you get through.. So i personally say Yes Smoke it.. but only when your dry.. and when you get weed again you'll full appericaite it..

hey, i always thought that the resin in the bowls contained a lot of thc, i guess its not true?

Hi Pranic! I'm with you...when theres a need! Which seems pretty often lately

NickTheQuick said:
hey, i always thought that the resin in the bowls contained a lot of thc, i guess its not true?
The variables involved are numerous. The type of weed, amount of heat at the base of the bowl, the method of drawing on the bowl......

If someone were to smoke only WW in a bowl and always repack it before it was completely empty, the resin that melted into the area behind the bowl could be serious shit.

Of course, if like me you have also smoked the bowl dry and sucked fire all the way down it hundreds of times, then you'll have something entirely different.

THC degradation starts at 100 degrees F. The degradation increases with time and additional heat and introductions of contaminants.

I've never owned a pipe that I haven't cleaned out and smoked the resin. I think the next batch will be done in ISO just to see what I get.

smoke the rez.i always do, and dont clean your pipe every time you smoke. i once was a newb, just tryin to help out

I am the opposit of all you guys/gals, I never clean my pipe (unless It gets to clogged) Keep the resin buildup, its satisfying to see and it brings back great memories!

That black slime that gathers in the stem is certainly NOT resin.
It's a by-product of the combustion process. There are small amt's of mainly various cannibanoids and maybe a bit of THC in that gross goo.
In my life I've tried smoking it twice, both times I barely got high; both times I got a headache.
Only having that to smoke is God's way of telling you you're not growing enough.

Stoney Bud said:
The variables involved are numerous. The type of weed, amount of heat at the base of the bowl, the method of drawing on the bowl......

If someone were to smoke only WW in a bowl and always repack it before it was completely empty, the resin that melted into the area behind the bowl could be serious shit.

Of course, if like me you have also smoked the bowl dry and sucked fire all the way down it hundreds of times, then you'll have something entirely different.

THC degradation starts at 100 degrees F. The degradation increases with time and additional heat and introductions of contaminants.

I've never owned a pipe that I haven't cleaned out and smoked the resin. I think the next batch will be done in ISO just to see what I get.

OK right now, I am very high. I'm just laying that out there in case I sound like an ass. But anyways, whenever I see a post by Stoney Bud, and I read it, I think of him like Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Because his aviator is some wizard looking guy and then Stoney Bud is like older and extremely knowledgable. . Does anyone else get that? I don't know, he's just Dumbledore of the forum to me, and that was on my chest and I wanted to share it :) Have a good day.

lmao i never taught of dumbledore when it came to stoney bud but its true he always says some crazy knowlegble thing (is that how you spell it?) but yeah i like to scrap that resin and smoke it i always get a big ball of resin when i scrape my bowls and the resin really gets me high

Ganja, I swear I think you say that kind of thing just to hang some bait out in front of everyone.

Yes, the dark sticky stuff does contain LOTS of resin, right out of the MJ that has been smoked in that bowl. Resin becomes more and more viscous, (very thin like water), when heated. Everyone who's smoked any knows how it gets real thin and runny when heated. This happens on the plant as well. When you heat the weed, SOME of the resin from the weed will run down that pipe stem. Depending on the type of weed smoked and the method of heating, (as I already said), more or less THC will be in the resin found in the pipe stem.

You are BY FAR the minority when discussing "the black goo" or the "black slime" you refer to. In the last 55+ years of being around stoners, I've met thousands of them and with the excepting of only a few, they ALL have smoked the RESIN that collects in the stem of any pipe used to smoke MJ, and they've done so if they have weed or not.

When I scrape out the RESIN, I always look at it and think, "Very cool, I get another chance to get high from the same weed", and I ALWAYS get a great buzz from it. I've seen so many people get high from it, that I wonder how in the world you aren't and why in the world you get a headache from it.

OhioDood, you crack me up man! I've never seen any of the movies or read the books in that series, so I'm unfamiliar with the characters names, but I guess if I was to be a character in a story, "Dumbledore" would be a good one! Hahahahahahahaa.

Pranic, I see you so little anymore! I hope you're doing great. Now, let me just tap you on the head with my wand........

FaTal1, I agree with you! I love getting that stuff out and burnin it up!

Stoney Bud said:
OhioDood, you crack me up man! I've never seen any of the movies or read the books in that series, so I'm unfamiliar with the characters names, but I guess if I was to be a character in a story, "Dumbledore" would be a good one! Hahahahahahahaa.

Hey SB. They gave you a massive compliment. He is the head dude that teaches at the school Harry Potter goes too.

On a note with the bowl scrapings. It may not taste good. may be sticky and gross. but man, when I was without. that stuff got me through. Just 4-5 hits and I was ok until I got my stash replenished. "Waste not..Want not". ;)

Well the only thing is if your down to stems and seeds add the resin and have a black lung experience, it'll make you appreciate good bud more, but it'll also get you through hard times!

OhioDood said:
OK right now, I am very high. I'm just laying that out there in case I sound like an ass. But anyways, whenever I see a post by Stoney Bud, and I read it, I think of him like Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Because his aviator is some wizard looking guy and then Stoney Bud is like older and extremely knowledgable. . Does anyone else get that? I don't know, he's just Dumbledore of the forum to me, and that was on my chest and I wanted to share it :) Have a good day.

True, true, everytime I see a post from him, I feel the same, but for me it is gandolf from Lord of the Rings!!!:cool:

Thanks ya'll !!

If I knew all that magic, I'd make all of us rich!!!!!!

Ok, I'm trying it anyway. Everyone check your bank balances.

Stoney Bud said:
Thanks ya'll !!

If I knew all that magic, I'd make all of us rich!!!!!!

Ok, I'm trying it anyway. Everyone check your bank balances.

instead of throwing in that green paper in our bank accounts how bout you make weed grow in our back yards? :D lol

Latest posts

Back