Durban Poision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it rained last night and this morning these ladies look clean and shinny - but before I celebrate- I will inspect this afternoon- my first thought was pollen- some of my veggies had the white “dust” as well - but it’s at least a good morning - thanks for all of the CSI. This community is so helpful and pleasant- maybe it’s the weed talking 😳

Well it rained last night and this morning these ladies look clean and shinny - but before I celebrate- I will inspect this afternoon- my first thought was pollen- some of my veggies had the white “dust” as well - but it’s at least a good morning - thanks for all of the CSI. This community is so helpful and pleasant- maybe it’s the weed talking 😳
Great news. Inew conditions just didnt look like mildew. Congrats on the rain. Im crossing my fingers for a rain tuesdat with the storm.

Just to clarify re 'bad advice': the reason I was asking about humidity/timing of said humidity and leaf surface paling was, in fact, to clarify conditions and symptoms. Pm presents consistently visually but should be confirmed with a wipe test and check of daily moisture cycles. It is safer to treat potentially infected plants with precaution, maintaining what we used to call '' biosecurity" at the fish farm, not giving outside pathogens opportunity to hitch a ride on clothes. We still do not know what the %rh hits over the course of the day, an important data point; so the news of a healthy looking leaf surface after washing is good.
None of this is bad advice. It is cautious advice.

Just to clarify re 'bad advice': the reason I was asking about humidity/timing of said humidity and leaf surface paling was, in fact, to clarify conditions and symptoms. Pm presents consistently visually but should be confirmed with a wipe test and check of daily moisture cycles. It is safer to treat potentially infected plants with precaution, maintaining what we used to call '' biosecurity" at the fish farm, not giving outside pathogens opportunity to hitch a ride on clothes. We still do not know what the %rh hits over the course of the day, an important data point; so the news of a healthy looking leaf surface after washing is good.
None of this is bad advice. It is cautious advice.
I wasnt saying you were giving bad advice. . i couldnt see the picture good enough and i dont think ive ever had powdery mildew and wouldnt know it if isaw it. What ishould have said is i dont know. My bad i wasnt putting you down. Some times i answer without reading all the responces. Sorry.

Cool cool... I got contracted to consult at a commercial operation that had it and didnt catch it early, and I find it terrifying lol. Head to toe tyvek suit that I left there and didn't take home... ive seen it in my own grow in badly aired out corners a few times over the years. Caught early, it's no big deal. But my general approach to fungus is assume the worst while gathering info, until proven otherwise, because if you wait, it can take out EVERYTHING.
Whoda thunk... wildflower pollen... lol this is actually kinda funny!

Cool cool... I got contracted to consult at a commercial operation that had it and didnt catch it early, and I find it terrifying lol. Head to toe tyvek suit that I left there and didn't take home... ive seen it in my own grow in badly aired out corners a few times over the years. Caught early, it's no big deal. But my general approach to fungus is assume the worst while gathering info, until proven otherwise, because if you wait, it can take out EVERYTHING.
Whoda thunk... wildflower pollen... lol this is actually kinda funny!
I just saw it on my plants. He must be close to my neck of the woods. Someone even asked if i had dusted or used pellets on my plants. Im guessing it was honeysuckel.

Again - thanks for all of the experienced advice and helping me / us learn something new everyday- boy the pollen here in VT is now on everything / the bbq cover , the car ... but I agree that using a treatment just Incase might be the path to take when it comes to possible early signs of mildew or mold - I used Dr Zymes as it seems to be not so damaging.
thanks again .

Latest posts

Back