Dust storm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctylago

Reaction score
Recently there was a huge dust storm, my plants weathered it fine, they are covered in dust now. Can i spray them off with water. Its about 1 1\2 to 2 weeks until harvest. Its my second time growing.

I have heard of people washing their buds by dunking in cool water but have never tried it. I think as I recall it was to wash off bug stuff. I wouldn’t spray them off personally for fear of causing mold...

I see no problem with spraying them off, unless you are in a real humid place. Can't be much different than rain can it? I would try and do it early on a day that is supposed to be warm and maybe a bit windy.

I live in the northeast so for me, this time of year is very wet. I guess a dust storm should have been a clue to me that you probably don’t live in a wet climate. sorry for the poor advice...

I would just be careful when doing it. Wouldn't want to knock a bunch of the resin heads off the buds. Just don't use high pressure you will be fine.

Oldfogey, it was not bad advise. Those in humid climates need to be real careful about moisture and the possibility of mold. I have lived in arid climates most of my life and kind of forget about the problems associated with high humidity places. We appreciate your knowledge and input.

No biggie. I experienced bud rot and mold due to our October rain and generally raw(cool and humid) conditions. Even tenting the plants under an open air canopy didn’t allow the plants to ever get dry. I don’t grow outside anymore so I am glad you and fellowsped have Ctylago some better advice.

No biggie. I experienced bud rot and mold due to our October rain and generally raw(cool and humid) conditions. Even tenting the plants under an open air canopy didn’t allow the plants to ever get dry. I don’t grow outside anymore so I am glad you and fellowsped have Ctylago some better advice.
Thank you so much for the advice and consideration you put into it. Im going to lightly spray them in the morning. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Oldfogey, it was not bad advise. Those in humid climates need to be real careful about moisture and the possibility of mold. I have lived in arid climates most of my life and kind of forget about the problems associated with high humidity places. We appreciate your knowledge and input.
Thank you for the advice and time you took to give it. I appreciate it. Im spraying them in the morning and i will post my results. Its nice to have a place to ask questions and not feel incompetent so thanks again.

I would just be careful when doing it. Wouldn't want to knock a bunch of the resin heads off the buds. Just don't use high pressure you will be fine.
Thanks for your input too. I will be sure to spray them gently. Thanks again.

One more question. Should i shake them to get some of the water off of them or would that do more harm than good?

If the buds are heavy you could break the branches. I have had that happen on plants I put in the shower to spray off dead spider mites but again, I am more of an indoor grower...

Latest posts

Back