Dutch cannabis cafes to start tourist ban in May

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
url source: hxxp://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ivhBWcSe-Olg5z-9vABnzl716ZNw?docId=CNG.409326a7a960e6419497c9b6fd1f6faf.501

THE HAGUE — New legislation to ban non-Dutch residents from cannabis-selling coffee shops in southern Netherlands should be enforced no later than May 1 next year, the Dutch justice ministry said Thursday.
"The law will be amended on January 1, but there will be a kind of grace period until May 1," ministry spokeswoman Charlotte Menten told AFP.
The centre-right government of Prime Minister Mark Rutte has since September 2010 been weighing a "cannabis card", reserved for residents only and obligatory when visiting one of the country's 670 licensed coffee shops.
The move, which coffee shop owners say would harm an industry that has been a drawcard for travellers for years, was taken to protect locals against the nuisance of drug tourism and criminality, authorities said.
Menten said the extended grace period was to give coffee shops in the southern Zeeland, Limburg and Brabant North provinces, which borders Belgium and Germany, time to set up a "new administrative system."
"But if in some places they want to apply it before, they can," she said, adding that the rest of the country will follow suit in 2013.
Dutch coffee shops will now become closed clubs allowed up to 2,000 members of residents -- including foreigners -- living in the Netherlands and aged over 18.
Dutch residents have long complained about the impact of drug tourism including pollution, traffic jams, noise at night and a proliferation of drug dealers on the streets.
The Dutch government also plans to introduce a policy requiring coffee shops to be at least 350 meters (1,200 feet) away from schools, to keep drug consumption away from children.
Though technically illegal, the Netherlands decriminalised the possession of less than five grammes (0.18 ounce) of cannabis in 1976 under a so-called "tolerance" policy.

I guess that I missed the boat. Really wanted to experience that....

Can anybody suggest why my sites are geting banned after logged in once.

Soumyananda said:

start your own thread under the correct subforum, that might be a start. :cool2:

7ge:)

Soumyananda said:

because you're posting SPAM. I have removed it at least twice now. For that, you have now been banned. If it persists, further action will be taken.

so is that may of 2012 or 2013? this mean no more going to amsterdam for cannabis cup or whateve..

new law i take it, makes it only legal for residents of The netherlands?

thats really sad, thought maybe some day of goin and tasting all i can handle.. :(

For Amsterdam i think that will not be this law. They are battling it real hard.

bho_expertz said:
For Amsterdam i think that will not be this law. They are battling it real hard.

i sure hope not.. id love to visit there.. and test out the goodies.. and enjoy the scenary.. seems like a beautiful place.. :)

went there 7 times already ... For me Babylon of modern times :hubba:

Amsterdam is in Western Netherlands if memory serves. And if that's the case, I don't think it would be affected in the tourist ban.

The weed was so so in the Dam. The culture sure was cool tho and I had an awesome hunky tour guide. :D

SmokinMom said:
Amsterdam is in Western Netherlands if memory serves. And if that's the case, I don't think it would be affected in the tourist ban.

The weed was so so in the Dam. The culture sure was cool tho and I had an awesome hunky tour guide. :D

:cool2: that's awesome you had a great time. I've heard reports from friends that went and they said similar. I always said I'd take the Pepsi challenge, NW/US weed vs. the 'Dam. We'd take it everytime...in my not so humble opinion.:D

SmokinMom said:

SmokinMom!!! i thought u were gooooooone.. :( are you in fact the same smokinmom? just redid your account? or?

and what ever happened to THE BROTHERS GRUNT :( saw hes gone as well..

It's me BK :) had a family emergency and had to bail out of the site for awhile for security reasons. You shoulda seen the fake stir I caused, haha.

Unfortunately tbg checked out and never came back. I sure miss those dudes.
:(

Good 2 c u bk.

SmokinMom said:
It's me BK :) had a family emergency and had to bail out of the site for awhile for security reasons. You shoulda seen the fake stir I caused, haha.

Unfortunately tbg checked out and never came back. I sure miss those dudes.
:(

Good 2 c u bk.

lol u cause everybody to panick??? lol it happens sometimes..

and thats unfortunate bout TBG, hopes hes okay. :)

glad to see one familiar name out there.. ofc theres a few others, but def to many of our buds left us..

Nah, didn't cause any panics, lol.

Maybe tbg is around somewhere. Ya never know.. ;)

SmokinMom said:
Nah, didn't cause any panics, lol.

Maybe tbg is around somewhere. Ya never know.. ;)

thats good to hear.. thanks mom.. lol

soo u got nething goin on at the moment? i still have my cali from back when.. lost my widow to my cat tho... and acquired whiteberry to me closets..lol

Latest posts

Back