DYI Table Top Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elwood47

Peace lover with a bad attitude.
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try a SCOG and a LED. Both of these will be new for me. The plan is to use stuff from old grows and junk on hand. Except for the light. IMG_20200327_112239786.jpg
Here's the table my neighbor threw away.
Building a small tent out of 1" PVC. Panda film and packing tape. 24x24x36.
It's pretty straight forward.
IMG_20200327_125336198.jpgThe door and bottom will be Panda film and tape also.

IMG_20200327_140130398_BURST001.jpg
Moving forward. Pots are under the table. Sitting on 5gal buckets and bricks.
With this setup, once we get going there will be no moving it.

Cool. What strain are you thinking?

What are the advantages of this set up? You are going to scrog 2 plants in an area that is only 2 x 2?

Advantages? I'm not sure if they're are any. Was just trying a low budget scrog with a LED. Most scrog's I've seen used 2. Always open to suggestions.

Just a different concept--having your growing pots and medium out of the "tent" area. I don't think that I've seen this before. Usually when someone comes up with a different growing concept, it is because they believe that there are advantages to it. I was just curious as to the reasoning behind it.

I was just thinking that you might be a big crowded trying to scrog 2 plants in a 2 x 2 space. And I see some problems trying to do the trimming and training that scrog requires with the pots below the table like they are and access from only 1 side. What is the distance from the top of the pots to the bottom of the tent?

I suggest only one plant and even then it is going to be more "training" then a true scrog, good luck though. I'm always impressed by innovation though, good luck

Having the pots below the tent was to solve the problem of the tent only being 36 inches high. This way top of the pots to the top of the tent is still 36 inches. I could have bought more pipe. It was a personal challenge just to use what's on hand. Still can go with one plant. How high should the screen be from the top of the pots? And how big should the holes be? Looking at the junk piles for a useable screen.

Latest posts

Back