DynaVap VapCap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful with that. It's in the 'raw' form and needs some tweaking to be safe.

Most of all, do not leave it turned on for more than a couple minutes. Even when they are not in use, they draw an incredible amount of amps. Eventually, it will burn itself (or the power supply) up. We are only using it for a few seconds at a time so we are safe.

The power supply will have to be a high power supply. I am using my 18v 3 amp bench power supply and 3 amps is not enough. I ordered a 6 amp, 12 volt power supply. It should be a constant current , not constant voltage but they are almost impossible to find so I went with what was available.

Also, gate voltage is weird on this module. I put a standard 10 amp switch on it and it was acting all weird. I had to flip it off and on to get it to go on. I think we're going to have to add a mos fet switch. I have seen some setups work without it and I would rather not use it but, I ordered one anyway.

Pipes used a glass tube inside his coil but I don't see that it is required and he has a glass cutter and I don't so, it's probably going to be raw coil unless I find a stock piece that fits. I doubt that.

Here is a link to the power supply I bought. I'm not 100% sure this is the right one but as soon as I get it and find out if it works, I'll post here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC100-240V...var=521046992596&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here is the mos fet switch I ordered....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15A-400W-M...448218?hash=item2ef404c25a:g:O1AAAOSwZQRYeEwQ

Again, won't know for sure if this works until I get it.

I am not ordering that until you tell me which one to get Hackerman, thanks for all your info.

Hey Rosie, was it you that said you were going to buy the Motor rosin/concentrate attachment for Mr. Rosie?

I recently found an awesome way to adapt it to the bong.

This piece is the adapter from my Arizer ExtremeQ. Pretty much available anywhere. It's the only adapter I could find that allowed the use of one of these concentrate vapes without having to turn the vape upside down. And, if you do that, all the rosin spills out. LOL So, I used this adapter from my Arizer Extreme and a little piece of rubber hose to make it 'bongable'.

I love water pipes / bongs whatever they call them today. I use this for rosin most of the time, now. It's nice because it's 'on demand'. No waiting for heatup and no burning off your rosin during a session that you can't keep up with. The battery (or box mod) seems to last forever. I just switch between this and the VapCap Novavong (their waterpipe version) all day long. Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. LOL

Oh yeah, once in a while I hit the G9 vape with a load of rosin. This is a standard mouthpiece I bought on eBay and I turned it upside down and it works great. Everything is 18/29mm so it all fits real sweet. I believe this will also work with the Dr Dabber that is like the G9.

Attachments

• adapter-1.jpg
    adapter-1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 411
  • adapter-2.jpg
    adapter-2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 384
  • adapter-3.jpg
    adapter-3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 394
Sorry, I have not been on this Induction Heater thing lately. I got the high amp power supply and it didn't work. So, I had to get a refund and buy another one. :( It should be here Monday so I'll be back on this.

I did buy the mosfet but I am going to try to make this work without it. I'll have something next week.

And, HG can clear this up but there is a washer that is always included with the standard toilet tank repair kit. The kit comes with 2 washers that are molded together and you tear them apart and use the one that you need and discard the other.

I always use the larger one and the smaller one goes into the parts bin.

This puppy fits around the VapCap M and fits it into a 14mm or 18mm bong just PERFECT. And, depending on where you placeit, you can entirely or just partialy cover the carb hole on the VapCap.

This is a perfect adapter to use the M with a bong without having to buy the DynaVap "vong" adapter like I did.

Also, I just bought something from a guy at FC called DDave. It's a glass bong adapter that uses the VapCap tip and cap. It does not use the condenser (the pipe that goes down the inside of the vapCap). It only uses the tip and cap. Here 's a shot.

I like this idea as I believe it will reduce the draw restriction and give a beefier hit (I hope).

Still, the VC give the tastiest bong hit yet. :)

Here's the Ddave thing...

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p68/The_VapCap_Water_Wand.html

s366828541479040465_p68_i1_w160.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, as luck would have it, I had to repair a toilet today. LOL So, I was in the 'toilet' box and found exactly what I was talking about. I even found it in 2 flavors.... before the tear-apart and after. LOL

As you can see, it fits the VC perfectly and can leave the carb open or closed. Fits real sweet in a 19mm.
vcwasher-1.jpg
vcwasher-2.jpg
vcwasher-3.jpg
vcwasher-4.jpg

OK, I finally got the power supply today and got a chance to play a little.

I am using this with a standard AC/DC power supply at 12v and 6 amps. The only other thing I am using is a toggle switch. It's rated 5 amps, not 6 but, since we are only using it as a momentary it should be fine. I would recommend a 6 amp is you have one.

Also, this is a momentary switch. That means it's never on unless you are HOLDING it on. This way, the induction heater board can not be left on by accident and start a fire.... which it would likely do if left on with nothing to heat.

SO... BE CAREFUL

Other than that, this puppy is working fine without the mosfet that pipes said was required. I think he isparanoid about charging batteries so he adds a lot of safety. As well he should when using these high amp batteries. Since we are not using batteries, it's only important to make sure the unit CAN NOT be left on by accident.

Either a pushbutton switch or a momentary toggle switch.

I would like to mount a switch inside the coil so that when you insert the VapCap, the heater goes on and when you remove it, it shuts off.

First prototype is working great with nothing more than the 14v, 6 amp power suppl yand a momentary 6 amp switch.

Heatup time to the second click is about 10 seconds. I would like to shorten that to about 4 or 5 seconds. :)

Let me know if anyone has questions.

:)

I am trying to find a 10 amp tactile/momentary switch to use and I am having a problem finding a suitable switch ( I bought an 8 amp power supply so I an just covering myself with a 10 amp switch).

Most switches that are rated at 10 amps are pretty heavy duty and the push button resistance is more than I want.

I am hoping to place a switch inside the coil so that the heater is activated when the VapCap is inserted into the coil. As it is now, it requires 2 hands to operate. One to hold the VC and one to operate the switch.

I suspect this is why pipes used the mosfet in his design. With the mosfet in the circuit, I could use any tactile microswitch.

I'll keep looking. Here is a shot of what I am using now for testing. Just a 12v,6amp power supply, a 5amp toggle/momentary switch and the heater board. I have the switch mounted to a piece of wood simply to make it easy to operate.

It does work. I am experimenting with how far to insert the VapCap into the coil. Not far enough and the little discs heat up too fast and the click comes early. Too deep and the stem gets too hot. I'm also trying a little of the old in-out with it while it heats. Once a proper insertion depth is established I'll need some kind of spacer to set the switch to the established depth.

Geeze, by the time I get this done, they will have the commercial version available online. LOL

Are you using yours, Hush?

IMG_4385.JPG

Playing around a little more today. First shot at an enclosed unit. Just a prototype. Trying to get a feel for what will work and what won't.

I didn't have room in this box to put the switch into the coil. And, there are certain problems that came up during testing like.... the VapCap tip gets so hot, it would melt the plastic button. So, a buffer of some kind, probably wood, will be required.

This one works OK. The coil sticks out just enough so I can easily access it and still, the lid closes. So, I can hold the VapCap in my fingers while resting my hand on the push-button switch and it is now, a one-handed operation.

I could put a couple magnets in. Or, a leather strap to hold the 2 VapCaps in place. Maybe a place for a small storage jar so you can pack this up and take it with you on the go.

Like I said, just trying to get a feel for things and how they fit. Having some fun.

There's more to cannabis than getting high. For me, it's a hobby. LOL

ihproto-1.jpg
ihproto-2.jpg
ihproto-3.jpg

EDIT: I Might add that this particular proto requires zero soldering. I found the 6 amp pushbutton switch at my local home depot and it has screw terminals. Albeit, I hate screw terminals and I like solder but if you can't solder, this is an option.

Hey gang, just wanted to update you on something.

I bought one of these cheapo ($50) dental induction heaters and it works great with a VapCap right out of the box.

Naturally, as soon as I got it, I had to take it apart and see what's up inside. Not the greatest workmanship I have ever seen but it is as good as it needs to be and,like I said, it works great.

Just turn it on ans stick the VapCap in about half or 3/4 deep into the opening. My first test took 11 seconds to first click and 13 to second click. The hit was awesome and the abv was nice and brown. The second heating took about 9 seconds.

I am doing some experimenting and I find placing a 10ml glass beaker into the cup makes a difference. Plus, there is a variable POT on the circuit board so I may have some tweak flexibility there. I'll update if I make any major improvements but, again, this puppy works pretty darn well right out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0114AD8TO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

2usvrf9.jpg

21erv4l.jpg

2dbwbwg.jpg

24xhnxv.jpg

2gvn71v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI... If you own a VapCap you absolutely need to buy one of these SJK induction heaters. I don't even bother with the torch any more.

It's great because it's automatic. Stick the VC in the hole and she turns on. Pull it out and she goes to sleep. I love this thing. People at FC are buying it like crazy and everyone is thrilled.

USA purchase Amazon Prime is about $60. If you buy it direct from China and can wait a couple weeks, it's about $45.

I am totally thrilled with mine so I just thought I would pass that on.

I am in process of converting the little one I bought into a 12v car model. As soon as I get something solid on that, I'll post it.

I received my custom Phattpiggie VapCap stem today....

157iv6t.jpg

2i7mra1.jpg

I received my custom Phattpiggie VapCap stem today....

157iv6t.jpg

2i7mra1.jpg
How’s it going Hackerman? I’m a couple of weeks into my DynaVap and love it, so I’m still new to all the custom accessories. I’m really looking into the induction heaters at the moment, how is your SJK still going ?? It seems like they make a great alternative but I read somewhere that the relay goes out on it. ( I think that was the part in mention ) I’m manual machinist by trade, and I do not understand how electricity works so making one myself is outta the question. I’ll be putting myself on a waiting list for a custom one but until then the dental wax heater would work. I am also open to suggestions. I appreciate all of knowledge and R&D work you have accomplished. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back