E-joint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just burn when and where i want to unless it says no smoking. :D

The eGo doesn't work as well as the unit my buddy made and I think it's because I haven't carboxalized thc enough. The other unit must get much hotter with the dual battery. I get vapor OK but no real buzz. I put the oil back into the rice cooker and will refine it even more. I should have results by this evening as I started the process yesterday.

I think I have finalized the process and as was mentioned by someone on this thread, I needed 24 hrs cooking time for the THC to carboxalize(sp). I found that my rice cooker doesn't get over 150deg F on low so, on this final run I turned it on HI until the alcohol boiled. That happens at a lower temp than water so I know I'm not cooking off the THC. The oil now works with the eGo and I prefer using it when away from home.

The filter process needs refinement because there are dark brown/black bits floating on the top after it's done cooking. I just took the end of a spoon to brush it aside so I could draw it into the bottle. I'm going to the pharmacy to get some syringe to draw and fill small dropper bottles.

The next issue is the taste, resembles taking a spoonfull of castor oil. They sell dozens of flavors for nicotine oil and is something I'm going to look into next. I don't know if it's flavored oil or an addative for the oil. I hope it's an additive because I can get the oil in bulk.

Well, there it is, a recipe for making oil for an ecig. I hope you have found this helpfull or at least, interesting. I will add to this as I find better or easier ways of processing. Thanks, niteshft.
Oh, I should add a pic of the eGo I was talking about. It comes with 2 pens that double as batteries, 2 atomizers, 5 nicotine caetridges, a usb charger, a 110 to usb and a case for it all for about 60 bucks.
IMG_0253 (683x1024).jpg

I found the effects of smoking the oil had a mild effect and wondered how it would be to injest it. About 7:00pm I squeezed some into my mouth. I'm guessing it was no more than a dozen drops and I waited for the results until around 9:00 but had to hit the hay. I needed to get up early the next morning because I was supposed to take my mom fiddlehead picking. I normally wake up between 5:30-6:00 without an alarm but it was just after 7:00 this time. I was freeking stoned and was uncomfortable about the thought of driving so had to call my mom to tell her we would have to postpone till the next day.
I hadn't given enough thought as to what I was doing when I decided to injest some oil. First off, I should have done it earlier in the day as, I knew injesting thc takes time for effects to be noticed. I also knew that I used alot of bud to make that stuff and should have realized it's potency. One drop will provide several hits off the ecig and I never used up the full amount when I smoked(vaped), with it and is why the effects were mild.
On a positive note, the oil is a good way to measure when adding to edibles and since it has already been cooked it doesn't have to be edibles that need cooking. I just need to find the amount needed for 1 dose and go from there. Looks like something I will be doing this weekend. If it's 3 drops, that would be the amount for 1 dose so say, a recipe is for 8 servings, I would need 24 drops for the recipe.
Lastly, the taste isn't overwelming as other extracts for cooking are. It isn't half bad when put directly on the toung. Much better than the brownies I made earlier this year.
Thanks for following along. nite

Latest posts

Back