earliest you can clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bejohnst

Hey guys I'm starting a new grow and have room for about 15 plants in their full size containers. I've started 30 and have room for 1 litre containers for all of them. I want to clone each plant to determine sex then I will transplant them and flower when the time is right. How early can I take a clone to sex the gals?

as soon as you have lateral branching long enough to make a cutting...3"-6".

Like hick said... basically when taking 1/3 of the plant is big enough for a cutting.

As long as there is a branch long enough to cut from. I usually use a two inch cut.

I agree with greatherb, I find smaller cuts about 2 inches seem to root better and faster for me. Even 3 inches, but after that I have never had good luck. Could be just me - who knows? Good luck!

TGT

I dont think the size matters much as far as success rates go... extra leaves is worse tho.. because they need more nutes to keep the larger plant structure alive.... I always bury mine as far as I can get it in the medium and it seems to work almost everytime.

Latest posts

Back