Early buds in Vt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGVermont1965

Lover of all things green
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of my fellow Vermont outdoor growers were experiencing bud formation at what I deem a very early time?
I have a few different strains going in buckets, both Sativa and Indica dominant strians, and with the exception of one unknown strain everything is already producing large buds and mega amounts of tricomes.
These babies started throwing hairs in mid to late JULY and are already at least 5 weeks into full bud.
I'm not complaining, trust me on that, I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same.
I'm thinking the fact they're clones may have a bit to do with my "problem"...

Once flowering clones mean nothing.
Seems a bit early to me.

You know, I thought that mine were flowering a bit earlier, too, but when I looked at pics from last year, bud development seems about the same. By the end of July, the plants have experienced about 4-5 weeks of shortening days--enough to trigger flowering.

Out of curiosity, I googled the latitude for Vermont to compare length of day. Amazingly your latitude is almost the same as mine here in eastern Oregon. So, I would expect flowering to be similar. Have you got any pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I thought that mine were flowering a bit earlier, too, but when I looked at pics from last year, bud development seems about the same. By the end of July, the plants have experienced about 4-5 weeks of shortening days--enough to trigger flowering.

Out of curiosity, I googled the latitude for Vermont to compare length of day. Amazingly your latitude is almost the same as mine here in eastern Oregon. So, I would expect flowering to be similar. Have you got any pics?
I tried to get a few but I'm only using my phone right now, I gave my laptop to my nephew.
Hopefully I'll get some soon, bud formation is phenomanal

No, I can download them and tranfer files, I have no idea how to do it on my phone, to be 100% honest.

Pretty sure you just come to this site on your phone and proceed like it was your laptop. Since the site was updated it is way easier to upload pics. Even multiple pics.

I was wondering if any of my fellow Vermont outdoor growers were experiencing bud formation at what I deem a very early time?
I have a few different strains going in buckets, both Sativa and Indica dominant strians, and with the exception of one unknown strain everything is already producing large buds and mega amounts of tricomes.
These babies started throwing hairs in mid to late JULY and are already at least 5 weeks into full bud.
I'm not complaining, trust me on that, I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same.
I'm thinking the fact they're clones may have a bit to do with my "problem"...

Here in Va. I have a couple of plants that are a couple of weeks from harvest. But due to the coming Hurricane I may have to take them early.

Only a few weeks off? Wow, mine will probably not be ready until the 3rd week of October. I guess those longer summer days we have when we are further north extends the flowering period more than I thought.

Be safe...Florence is looking to be a nasty one.

The majority of mine are under 3 weeks, most are under 2.
It's a huge scramble, we're taking at least 10 in for reveg/mothers.
We also want to veg 4 all winter and put them outside in early June of next year.
I just hope the 50 gallon grow bags are big enough.

20180914_183128.jpg

Latest posts

Back