Easiest, most tasty way to consume edibles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with a lot of different things this year and I am really trying to get this edible thing down to a science.

I have made butter, oil, firecrackers, tea, bubble, glycerin, alcohol tincture and most recently, dry sift.

I really like the dry sift method. I decarb the pot before I sift it. Then, I take a gram of sift and put it in a shot glass. I add a little vodka (although if you don't like alcohol, coffee, tea or whatever drink you want to use will work) and I stir it or shake it until it's all dissolved. I call them "mud shots". LOL After the amber sift is mixed with the vodka it takes on a light/medium brown color about like mud.

I don't taste the sift hardly at all. One heck of a lot better tasting than the 151 tincture I made. It was hard to get that down. LOL

Making butter, oil, etc has not really worked for me. My tolerance is so high, I end up having to eat an entire cake or a whole pan of brownies just to get off. So, eating the sift directly gives me a much bigger dose in a smaller package. And, an hour later, I can do another, and another and another all night long.

I still like the idea of oils and butter just for a little variety. But as far as ease, taste and easy dosing, I have not found anything better.

I know most people make the butter/oil/whatever from bud or some plant matter. Since I can't get a high enough dose doing that, I have found that I need to use hash for cooking anyway. So, if I have the hash, why not just eat it instead of going through all the trouble of making something that does the same thing (except, like I said, for a little variety).

I love my Magical Butter Machine but I don't know how many more times I will use it unless it's to make stuff for people who have a normal tolerance.

Would anyone say that the effect is stronger when it's made with butter/oil/etc than just eating it alone like I have been doing? I do decarb it before I sift and consume it.

TIA for comments.

I took 42 grams of dry sift kief/hash and mixed it into my melted butter, I mixed that into my cookie drys and I was done, cooked cookies for 12 min at 375.

Cookies leveled people, I don't understand why edibles are giving you so much grief.

Btw my batch made 75 2 inch cookies, and I used a melon baller scoop to get them all exactly the same size. That's about 1/2 grs of kief/hash per cookie.

42 grams!!!!! LMAO. Now, THAT'S bakin' cookies. LOL You sure seem to know how to do things right. LOL

I eat about 3 to 5 grams of dry sift to get a mild buzz. All the edibles I have made so far (except the first batch) floored everyone else. It's really all about my tolerance. And, even at your strength I would have to eat a whole dozen cookies. Quite frankly, I don't really like sweets that much. ;)

I'm working on it. I'll find the sweet spot, eventually. I appreciate input and suggestions.

One question. Did you decarb the sift (before or after shaking)? Or, did you just let the normal baking do it?

I did put a gram or 2 of BHO I had in some vodka and let it sit overnight. By morning it all dissolved and I drank it and got the best edible buzz I have had yet.

I think I just need to make it stronger. Making it with plant matter is out of the question. I am about to do a big bubble run with about a pound of trim and popcorn so I will dedicate all that to a batch of either oil or butter.

I have been using all buds.

I just recently harvested so I have a bag of leaf and trim in the freezer. I found that the leaf and trim doesn't do as well in my sifter as it does in the ice water. So, it's all buds for sifting and any trim goes in ice.

I just have to deal with it. It's the same with smoking. I vape 3 or 4 bags from the Extreme and everyone else is laying on the floor. LOL

I guess smoking pot every day (albeit I missed a handful) for almost half a century will build up something of a tolerance.

I am absolutely planning to hit the next Cannabis Cup. I'm hoping there's someone there who can get me high. Should be fun watching some of the shop owners and breeders as I kick down their fourth joint and ask for a fifth. LOL People have said the stuff there is the best. I guess that's where I better go. ;)

Actually, I am kind of hoping (reaching) that I'll find a strain that affects me. The OG I'm smoking is slightly better than the Colombian I grew for decades but I have some Landrace Afghan growing right now. Maybe that will be better. Should be, at least, different. Cinderella99 and Satori in the bag. Maybe I'll find something. Until then, I guess it's just my destiny to make my way through life wondering if I'm stoned. ;)

Latest posts

Back