East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guerrilla. I Made it for the price of white spray paint. I had everything else including the light.

My soil mix is 2x 3.8cf bales of Pro-mix BX, a bag of mushroom compost and 15 cups of dolomite lime. Nutrients via NouvelleChef's Super Soil mix. Somewhere between 35 to 50% hot. More and more, 8 gallon prune pots are looking like the right choice, 1 plant per pot

2 more transplanted today. The back middle and right two are Satori's, and the 3 still in solos also. The other 3 Beyond the Brain all are in the 2.7liter pots now.
A bit of new growth on them. Going to FIM them once the time comes.

7.JPG

Any thoughts on this. The last two beyond the brain that were transplanted both have this. Seen it for a little while now, but now that they are growing larger it's way easier to see. It's only on the first set of serrated leaves, and the new growth is all good. This one has it worse than the other one. I have only been giving them ph'd water so far. They started in Black gold seedling mix, and were transplanted into happy frog just a few days back. All the other plants are looking great. What do you guys think this is from?

8.JPG

I think THG and Rosebud had some plants that were variegated like that. Are those from Mandala? :)

The picture kind of looks like that, but that's just from the lighting. Yes they are Mandala seeds. Look at the edges of that leaf. Thats what I'm wondering about. It's browned and white. Kind of like nute burn maybe, but I haven't given any nutes. Was showing signs of this before I transplanted into the happy frog. All the newer growth looks good and green. It's just the first set of serrated leaves showing it.

Here's a better pic with less light on it

9.JPG

I replied in your other post, and if memory serves me, the Mandala strains take nutrients up very efficiently, and don't need much. Another reason I think this may be nute burn.

Yeah man, thanks. It's just odd because all they have gotten was ph'd water. Now, organics from the Happy Frog soil, but 2 days, and I'm almost positive they showed a little signs already in the seedling mix before transplanting them. Weird thing is none of the other six, even the 1 of the same strain, other 5 Satori are what it's crossed from, are fine in the same conditions... I dunno...

getnasty said:
I replied in your other post, and if memory serves me, the Mandala strains take nutrients up very efficiently, and don't need much. Another reason I think this may be nute burn.

Good call!

It's just weird it's only these two. Same genetics, even same strain, and no mutes fed. Hmmm. Keeping a close eye.

Not that I remember. Always make a habit of trying not to get water on the plant itself. What are you thinking? Water on the leaves burned under the lights?

Transplanted 2 more Satori today. Only 1 left in the solo cup that's kind of being slow. Probably a couple more days and all will be transplanted. Pretty excited how things are coming along on my first try starting from seed. The front row middle two are the two that I previously posted with the weird burning on the bottom leaves. How soon from seed is it that I can FIM them? Read when their between 8-12 inches, a few places. Having the T5's right on top of them, they're staying really tight and short. Is there a specific time I should wait? Thanks for looking :48:

10.JPG

I usually wait to FIM once ive grown out at least 4 or 5 true nodes. Remember, the first set of serrated leaves dont count, the next set is the first node.

drfting07 said:
I usually wait to FIM once ive grown out at least 4 or 5 true nodes. Remember, the first set of serrated leaves dont count, the next set is the first node.
This is the same advice he and others gave me when I asked a few weeks ago. My girls are 8 weeks vegging now, and they're bushy babes to say the least. Just, massive. Almost 3 feet tall to boot. I'm gonna have trees in my closet come June! But yeah, def wait for the third set of true leaves.

Also, thx Roddy! :)

Just attempted to FIM the largest 3, so we'll see if i did it right. They were all already on their 6-8th node. The others i'll wait a little bit on.

Big ol' fatty leaves on these (hopefully) girls :watchplant: :stoned:

11.JPG

They look great ston-loc! Mine are finally throing some fan leaves. Im on the 3rd node.

Latest posts

Back