Easy Ryder Autoflower pics soon!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillFromBio

Reaction score
Will be starting by easy ryder grow within the next few days. Room setup is near completion with the fan and nutrients due in tomorrow i should be good to go. Setup will be as follows:

2-3 Easy Ryders by joint dr.
Floralux 250w HPS air-cooled reflector
FFOF soil mixed with FF light warrior
BioBizz Starter pack Organic Lineup
2 gallon grow bags folded down about an 1"-1½"
4" Growbrite carbon jr. filter
4" Duct booster fan
Soler & Palau TD-100XS 4"-203cfm

Popular comments say that the fan will not be powerful enough to pull through the filter and cool the light, i disagree. I do appreciate the feedback don't get me wrong and i am making plans if it is in fact NOT powerful enough, but for now i'm planning on the fan being strong enough. If not then i will:
a.)make a custom scrubber using a 5"-4" reducer, carbon, and harware wire. Not difficult or expensive.
b.)buy a Hamilton Beach tru-air powered carbon scrubber.

IF the scrubber i bought is too big i'll just run the fan and the light no filter until either of the alternative options are fulfilled. There won't be a smell anyway for atleast 3 weeks.

Either way i will be germinating my 3 seeds this weekend. Will post pics with completed room with fan and fan results. Wish me luck.

good luck, what size space?
a 250w hps will be handy for 4-5sqft.green mojo for a nice grow

its about 20"x3.5'
Forgot to mention this is a stealth grow in a gutted dresser.

So it seems that most everyone was right about that fan. IT is indeed to weak for my needs. With or without the filter the dresser stays at about 83F not the worst i guess but not ideal either. I think i'm going to remove the reflective material on the upper inside of the light to reduce resistance in the air flow. Minor tweaks should help me to get my temps down a little bit. I'm still germinating the Easy Ryders and going ahead with the grow. low 80's isn't ideal but its close enough right now. The fan is extremely quiet though, if i had bought the bigger 6" i think i would be very impressed. I'll make this work though.

Germinated my 3 easy ryders over the weekend. Planted them today in 60% FFOF and 40% FF light warrior. No nutes yet but did have a question about the Biobizz root juice. Its only on the chart once at the beginning? Does that mean i stimulate the roots the first or second watering and then don't worry about it or ....

hxxp://www.growing-life.com/shop/biobizz_grow_chart.jpg

BTW got the temps down to the 75-79 range, quite a drop.

Tips appreciated. Think i got everything covered but not sure.

Are you running an intake? I don't see it listed in the first post? Having a nice intake and nice exhaust is crucial along with the light, As for your space, the 250w will work nice,as long as it doesn't get too crowded.

I'm not sure on the biobizz root juice, You will have to wait for someone else to chime in. I have a 6in can fan off amazon, thing really pushes air for being a booster. Keeps my room cool to 75-82F, which isn't bad considering its cooling 2 400w HPS with 1 8in booster exhausting the air out..

Yeah its a passive intake at the bottom of the box. I cut a 3"x8" rectangle in the floor that my drip tray doesn't cover. Theres also a small fan on top of the intake circulating the air, along with another fan inside circulating air:)

cant wait to see em.. i wish my girls would flower faster lol

Heres the finished pictures. Both speakers on top of the dresser are missing the back to the air can flow out. The speaker in the middle is the carbon filter/light exhaust with the S&P fan and the speaker on the right is just a 4" booster fan exhausting hot air from the top of the dresser. Temps have been constant at 77F and the RH has been 45%-55%. Dresser fully running is just as loud as my ac which is fine and a huge improvement from my similar project a year ago. Planted the seeds on the 25th hopefully they should sprout up soon enough. Will post pics when they do.

FrontFinal.JPG

Back.JPG

InsideFinal.JPG

Intake.JPG

TempsHumidity.JPG

looks nice, i grew three of those in my last grow and im just germinating two more for a grow starting tonight, very nice stuff got a sour fruity pheno and a meaty musty one both tasty. took well to lst too if height becomes an issue for you. mine ended up at about 10 inches and got nearly 2 oz from the best one.

Very nice!z!!!!!!! Best dresser stealth ive seen in a long long time! Mad props bro!
green mojo for a nice go around!

Nice stealth setup!

Filters reduced the flow and efficiency of a fan. If I were you I wouldn't use the filter until I needed it. They are not going to smell for at least a few weeks.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Nice stealth setup!

Filters reduced the flow and efficiency of a fan. If I were you I wouldn't use the filter until I needed it. They are not going to smell for at least a few weeks.

Yeah that was the plan but i set up the whole thing just to test everything to make sure it would run correctly and its such a tight fit with the filter and fan (also a ***** to get in a and out) i figured i would just leave it. Maybe if i get some spare time and get bored in the next couple of days i'll pull it out.

Thank you everyone for they're comments!:D

2 of the 3 easy ryders sprouted yesterday. The third one i figured would be a little longer, when i germinated them that one the root was barely starting out of the seed. Sprayed with a little more water on just that one because the top of the soil is a little dry. Temps and Humidity still constant. Did some research on the Biobizz root juice and its only used in the first week of veg. Next time i water either today or most likely tomorrow night they will be getting root juice as well. Chart says 1-4 ml/l i'm thinkin i'll just start with 1ml.

Seed1Sprout.JPG

Seed2Sprout.JPG

Just an update the last ER sprouted shortly after the other ones and all 3 got a feeding of 1.5ml/l of Biobizz root juice yesterday. No negative effects as of right now from that. They are lookin great, nice green color nice and strong stem.

New Pics. Day 7. The little one is like day 4-5 but shes gettin grandfathered into the schedule for the other lil ladies.

CIMG0842.JPG

CIMG0840.JPG

CIMG0839.JPG

How close is your light? Do you have your oscillating fan on them. They are getting a little stretch. I like to try and control any stretch right from the beginning.

That's an awesome stealth setup! Very incognito indeed. Green mojo! My chair will stay warm for this one!

The Hemp Goddess said:
How close is your light? Do you have your oscillating fan on them. They are getting a little stretch. I like to try and control any stretch right from the beginning.

The lights are ~18" its a 250w HPS so i didn't want to get them too close and fry them. Most ppl say not to even start them under an HPS but i figured because my temps are so good why not. Do you think i can move the light closer now say 6"-8"? I did leave room in the top of the pot and folded the pot so i could potentially add about another 1"-2" of soil and reduce height slightly. I have a small fan blowing on them yes. Also what could be some ways in the future to reduce stress like that without frying them and without purchasing CFL?

Day 9 now. Will post pics over the weekend. The 2 bigger ones just started they're 3rd set of real leaves.

I'd have started with MH or T5's but HPS will still work. Anywhere 12-18" should be ok for the distance from the tops. just make sure that if you place your hand in between the tops and the lights it's not uncomfortably warm.

Latest posts

Back