ebb and flow, root growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The size of the lava rock is very important in regard to how the roots establish themselves. 1/2" to 3/4" is the perfect size. If you get some 3/4" screen (Holes are 3/4" across), and shake your lava rock through it, then you can bust up the larger pieces to get it all down to the best size.

Then just put the smaller pieces on a 1/2" screen and do it again. What falls through is too small and could harm your pump.

thanks, everyone has been very help full, Iam happy to report, the plants are doing awesome, this may not be the place to ask but..I am having a hard time tryin to get pics posted here ne one feal like some more advice? if not lets keep talkin bout happy plants and my new friend....lave rocks!

flutefixer said:
thanks, everyone has been very help full, Iam happy to report, the plants are doing awesome, this may not be the place to ask but..I am having a hard time tryin to get pics posted here ne one feal like some more advice? if not lets keep talkin bout happy plants and my new friend....lave rocks!

If your pics are downloaded to your computer, use a photo program and resize them to no larger than 1200 by 1200 pixels or 488 kb. Use the advanced post option if you don't see the smiley's to the right of your text box and scroll down to where it says "manage attachments." Click there and then browse your folders in the box and upload. When you go to reply or type a message, right below that text box is a tutorial link that says: How to resize and post your pictures. :p

Latest posts

Back