ebb and flow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rjb

Reaction score
I have a ton of questins I have my soil grow going right now and a few out side I also have some seeds germinating right now I want th do a hysdro grow I have always had my eyes set on ebb and flow for some reason it is the system of all hydro that has always sparked my intrest I was thinking of a 2x8 table or so to fit in closest can go bigger if needed was thinking hydroton as a mediu7m I am planning on putting my system together piece by piece instead of buying a complete system seeing usual u paY ARM AND LEG FOR SYSTEM AND I CANT REALLY FIND ANY GOOD d love to SYSTEMS ebb n flow tables I want table style not bucket if you no of one online id be thankful to heare of it how many plants can ni fit on table what kind pump ect should I use what nuts do I need a air stone do I need a watwer heater basicly any tips places to buy or build id blove to hear about thxs

Hi Rjb. Ebb and flow is the system of choice for me hands down. I use tables and aquarium pumps on a timer to flood them. I shaped tables from wood and used pond liner as membrane. I tried both filling up the table or placing pots on the table that is flooded they both work but when you fill the table roots will be bigger which is better. I use 200 liter res below my 2 tables that are each about 2'x2.5' for every 3x2.5' of grow space. You can shape your tables the way that you want, you want to consider the size of your res and male them at least a foot deep. You also need some more reading into the subject to understand the basics of hydro

thanks what so you yeild per table I want to set up to harvest 2 lbs every 4 weeks

In my case I use hps and I would estimate my average yield to be 0.5g/w but I can really get that up if what I aim for is quantity. I have tried good strains that finish in 45 days from the family Critical that yield well, so that if I wanted, I could do perpetual harvests very often and yield much more. And that is not the biggest yielder that I have tried I also did one Moby **** that gave a tree of chunky buds with low potency. In my case (0.5g/w) I would need 4kw of hps but that cannot be for personal consumption so for a commercial strain I estimate 1g/w to be easily attainable with my setup. Some LED users claim that they achieve higher g/w. Did you choose the strains already? Genetics plays the biggest role.

Still debating strain maybe northern light s

Zem can I get a picture of your set up to get a idea of building my table

Zem can I get a picture of your set up to get a idea of building my table
I do not have a comprehensive pic for the system. All I have is some pics of the plants on the tables. The place where I stand is really narrow I cannot get back and take a pic of the system from outside. It is just a table with a res below it. You need to find a good membrane, you can get a pond liner or greenhouse plastic, polyethylene or food safe plastic, build sides for the tables that are a foot or more high, then line it with the sheet of plastic, make a hole for the pump another for overflow. The best way for the overflow IME is to make a hole in the floor of the table just like with the pump inflow hole, then put a hose vertically to the level that I want it to rise. I have to leave now, will try to find some pic for you later, but I suggest that you begin with finding a membrane to line your table, the rest is mostly crafting.

Gday RJB , I use a NFT set up very simular to ebb and flow still on a table situation but with a root mat . that has a constant flow of water running over the roots , having the constant flow takes away the need for oxygen pumps or stone .Very simple to run . If its quantity you are chasing over quality , I would go for BIG BUD , When I started out BIG BUD was giving me around 4oz per plant have never got that with any other strain .

Thxsvfor the input guyswhats what's the flower time on big bud I know Northern Lights is like 6 weeks or something like that right

Thxsvfor the input guyswhats what's the flower time on big bud I know Northern Lights is like 6 weeks or something like that right
8 weeks , I think NL is the same

nft is a tried and proven method as well, but only to note that ebb and flow does not require oxygen pump or stone either. I prefer to run the pump at intervals for a few minutes at a time to flood then let it drain and suck fresh air and it is less stress on the pump and less electric usage. To air the water, all you need is to let it overflow for some minutes. It is also easier to maintin water temps with ebb and flow, all in all I prefer ebb and flow.

There are many strains that will produce 4 oz per plant. You don't have to go with a low quality strain like Big Bud. Also, it may say that Northern Lights finishes in 6 weeks, but I have personally never ever in decades of growing ever seen a photoperiod plant that finished in under 7 weeks....and that was with a well dialed in grow room with a lot of light.

I recommend learning the basics and not worry about yield. Yield will come as you gain skills. Whether you believe it or not, there is a learning curve to this growing thing.

I understand that you never stop learning I have grown before and love to learn I grew in soil with 3 pack of fox farm I have grown big plants but that's just it I had the time to veg. Monsters and play around I want everything right now this time I'm not trying to just play around its not my first seed I no to chk with my micro scope for harvest time I want just so much addvamces and strains since I been growing and never had the joy of doing flood table at dwc just soil

Latest posts

Back