educate me on re-veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
i started with seeds, and gave them 6 weeks of veg to show me sex. apparently that wasn't long enough. i was forced to flower cause of height restictions within my growroom. 3 out of 4 were female, and i really wanted to clone but was not ready to do so when the time came. i plan on re-vegging the one who produces the best, and cloning her...

i'm running stand alone dwc...gimme the skinny, do's & donts of re vegging.

is there a proper and improper way to harvest when you are going to re-veg?

extra nutes i need to purchase?

prior to harvest, do not flush. once you harvest leave some bud and leaf ( the greener the better), flush the system and start with a heavy dose of N. 2 weeks or so and you should see new growth

It certainly could just be me, but I find revegging hard to do and a lengthy process. Unless you have a really stellar strain, I would just start again from seed. Reveg can take a month or more to get going...and then another 2 weeks to get rooted clones. By this time, you could have seeds ready to be flowered and take your clones from those. Sometimes they do not reveg well and you have lost weeks and weeks waiting for something that didn't happen. In addition, you need to leave about 1/3 of the plant untrimmed when you reveg. So, right off the bat, you have sacrificed 1/3 of your harvest for questionable results.

For next time: There are ways to keep clones without rooting them immediately. Cuttings can be kept in a ziplock in the fridge crisper for several weeks. I think I have successfully kept cuttings for 3 weeks before. Also, many have had good results cloning a month or so into flowering.

The Hemp Goddess said:
It certainly could just be me, but I find revegging hard to do and a lengthy process. Unless you have a really stellar strain, I would just start again from seed. Reveg can take a month or more to get going...and then another 2 weeks to get rooted clones. By this time, you could have seeds ready to be flowered and take your clones from those. Sometimes they do not reveg well and you have lost weeks and weeks waiting for something that didn't happen. In addition, you need to leave about 1/3 of the plant untrimmed when you reveg. So, right off the bat, you have sacrificed 1/3 of your harvest for questionable results.

For next time: There are ways to keep clones without rooting them immediately. Cuttings can be kept in a ziplock in the fridge crisper for several weeks. I think I have successfully kept cuttings for 3 weeks before. Also, many have had good results cloning a month or so into flowering.

hmmm, so much to consider. today starts 28 days into flower, and trich production has began to pick up greatly. now to address the issue with starting new seeds. the seeds i used were bagseed. i used bag seeds due to budget issues, but MOST of the reason why i used bagseed is because im in a state that has very strict laws against cultivation. and to be totally honest i'm extremely weary of ordering seeds over the internet and having them shipped to my house. the ordering over the internet thing is kinda like buying LED lights. the company can claim its safe and discrete, but you dont really know for sure until someone has shown proven results. i am completely aware of the complications that tend to arise from bagseed. herms being one of the big ones. i have yet to see any signs of herms, and im keeping a very close eye on them.

i guess what i should be asking is, what does everyone think my "best option" is?

1 - if i am successful with this crop(no herms). should i try to re-veg, and clone my best plant.

2 - try to find a safe way to get my hands on some good seeds, and start a new.

3 - i'm open to any other suggestions people may have for me.

Ordering seeds online is probably the safest part of growing IMO...I get why peeps worry but there really is no need so long as you stick to the reputable seed banks.
I know you said she is 4 weeks into flower but you cld take a cpl cuts off her from down low and try and clone them. I hve cloned successfully midway through flower before. It takes longer for them to throw roots and they get butt ugly looking with single leaves and what not but they straighten themselves out after a cpl weeks. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Ordering seeds online is probably the safest part of growing IMO...I get why peeps worry but there really is no need so long as you stick to the reputable seed banks.
I know you said she is 4 weeks into flower but you cld take a cpl cuts off her from down low and try and clone them. I hve cloned successfully midway through flower before. It takes longer for them to throw roots and they get butt ugly looking with single leaves and what not but they straighten themselves out after a cpl weeks. Jmo

i actually just got done doing that, i took clones off the strongest 2 out of the 3 plants. 8 clones in the humidity dome, in rapid rooter plugs. ph'd to 5.5 over a heating mat set on low. i just diecided to go for it after a reading a few responses

ShOrTbUs said:
i actually just got done doing that, i took clones off the strongest 2 out of the 3 plants. 8 clones in the humidity dome, in rapid rooter plugs. ph'd to 5.5 over a heating mat set on low. i just diecided to go for it after a reading a few responses

Sweet....let us know how you make out.

Yeah, I didn't realize you were only 4 weeks into flowering. You do have a good chance of getting at least 1 to root. Be advised that it will take longer, so be patient.

I agree on ordering seeds. It truly is the safest part of growing. I personally do not know or have even heard a credible story of anyone anywhere ever getting busted buying seeds from a reputable seed bank. Attitude is still my favorite, although I do buy from other places if Attitude does not have what I want. I think that you should go ahead and buy some seeds and get them started.

Latest posts

Back