Effect of shade color on outdoor grown cannabis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur, don't be afraid to give them light. I learned that from one of my posts and people replying with the amount of heat that are on their plants and the light that they get, they will take it. Now on my second grow and not so sensitive with the light and whatnot, I'm actually giving my second grow nutrients now and hammering them with as hard as I can, they love it. They are a lot bushier than the last Grow. Two will be removed later as only six are female but as of now there are eight plants concentrated into a 2 ft by 4 ft area with 1900 watts. 600 watt HPS and 1300 watts cree xpg-5k LEDs. None of the leaves are yellow, that's just the HPS playing mind games.

Don't shade them.
20220806_174634.jpg

Why thank you! You sending it viz Fed Ex or UPS?

I absolutely have to cover plants for stealth and i use as clear as possible. I do see some benefits from covering them like less pests and less extreme wind or rain that could break them. I am however losing some light intensity by covering them. Marijuana can benefit from the brightest of days so you cannot have too much light.

Thanks. Seems like you are an inventive sort! On that subject, maybe you'd be interested in my diy air pot as I grow outdoors and happily for me sky's the limit as far as plant size. Season here is mid-March if you just can't wait, but April 1 better. Weather throws everything at you. But I grew some landrace sativas that I'm just harvesting at 8 - 10 feet in 16-inch pots in my version of "super soil". All organic with feed consisting, over the season, of molasses, kelp, de-chorlinated water, and for dessert and a special treat, I bought them some Bud Candy for blooming part.

Poppy. Im starting to think you are spam. Prove me wrong. 👁️ 👁️

Canbabis plants actually love some shade. Leaf transpiration stops after 86 degrees F. That means it stops growing. As a moderator of this group, its strange that you are giving false information. Your little plants would do much better in bigger pots that arent black and some shade. Black pots cook roots. Even when wet. As far as color of shade cloth goes, there are many studies showing the effects of blue vs. red vs. you name it. If you know anything about growing under lights indoors, there are different bulbs with different color spectrums that are used for different reasons. Namely, RED for flower production. The original poster was asking about using blue spinnaker sail. Blue spectrum will produce short internode growth (stacking) during veg cycle. Which is good. However, a sail may be too much percentage to be useful if used all the time. You dont want to go over 30% light ommision. Red shade is ideal for robust flowering. There are a multitude of scientific papers written about the topic. But good job on the marigolds. Companion planting is a great technique.
Please explain your sarcasm. You just got here. Not a good sign. My plants did not stop growing in the full sun. You have fields of weed in Califonia that's not in a shade. I suppose those growers don't know what they are doing because they dont to have your Red Canopy you keep advertising.
You post it one more time and you will find out about false information.

Last edited:
Go to the 1st page. He is trying to sell his Red shading canopy. That's why he is being a smartass.
His smartass spam is now gone.

Latest posts

Back