Effects on Muscle Growth/Development...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noneedforalarm said:
since when was a nickel 7 grams? haha

Since before your time. Pot used to be $20/oz. Nickle bag was $5.00 for 7grams.

I have worked out with weights since I was a kid and I am 43 now. I smoke before I work out and when I worked out at home I smoked while I was working out. I have been able to use both together to come back from back surgery strong. Weed may make you feel lazy but it relaxes and calms you as well. It helps with the muscle spasms that can come with working out. It seemed to work for Arnold. Everyone knows he was a toker. Either you have got it or you don't. If you have the drive it will help you but if you don't you will get lazy quick.

"The Gov-na" Arnold Schwarzenegger was smoking a joint in the movie "Pumping Iron" so there you have it...

I work out before I would smoke but I don't smoke until after I eat after working out (or drink a big whey protein shake).

*That's hilarious on the above post...I never got to the second page before posting this

Unregistered said:
Yeah. Thanks for replying man. I'm just looking for instances where people, such as yourself, have managed to work out and smoke without any serious problems.

And I agree with your morning work-out, evening blazing session idea. It really is the only way to do it.

I am 52 yes old,,been smoking weed since I was 17. I walk a couple miles a day and do pushups. Im not braggen but I get compliments all the time. People dont believe me and my wife are 52 and 56. Hell,,I know Pro Football players Personally, who smoke weed. They smoke all the damn time.I see no muscle loss in me are those guys. Brain Cells maybe,,,:shocked:

The only thing i can think of is that it affects your lung capacity and then that affects blood flow to your muscles. Im sure that affects muscle growth. Idk?

Marijuana has no effect on muscle, I am 5'9 240lbs and 7% body fat, I work out 5 times a week and Ive been smoking weed for 14 years nearly every day...

Marijuana helps me with the strict diet I must follow to gain my muscle, 6000 calories a day, low fat, with 250+ grams of protien a day.... When I get the munchies i eat chicken steak or fish, brown rice, sweet potatoes, salad, and fruits.... I eat 5 full meals a day... Food is just as important as working out, you have to feed your muscles, also rest is just as important because muscle grows when it heals

Just wanted to add one thing, you cant turn fat into muscle, it doesnt work that way. You can burn fat and gain muscle but never turn fat into muscle....
Thats a big myth thats out there....

You should read some books about body building, Arnolds encyclopedia of body building is one of the best books out there....

Im a serious body builder thats why I have Arnold on the cover of high times for my avatar

seriously, think about all the athletes in the world. alcohol's the worst thing for ne kind of athlete. i kno i was a wrestler in hs, i couldn't drink cus it woulda put me overweight. it was tough dealing w/ the munchies tho. but it really helps relieve soreness. it helped a lot during football (American) double sessions. nebody else remember that living hell of heat, humidity, vomit, and feeling like ur gna die?

IMHO I seem to find evening smokes are the best. Smoking before activities of high importance is usually not a good idea due to the fact that you will be less likely to carry out your responsibility or you won't perform as well as you normally would. Plus, if you finish all your busy work there is nothing better at the end of the day then some danky danky to do its thang on you :p.

Smoking at night is also close to perfection due to the fact that you can regulate your sleeping patterns extremely easy; smoking at an earlier time will knock you out before you normally would, changing your regular sleeping patterns. AND! I have heard (High Focus Chemical Dependency staff) that smoking before you go to sleep inhibits dreaming and in turn increases the intensity of your dreams when you don't smoke before you sleep. Now that's awesome to me ;)

sry, i just edited it. thnks for the heads up. sometimes it just slips out. but yeah i remember my 1st double sesion i realized pro athletes deserve what they make.

What you have to remember is that MJ probably works as a muscle relaxant. Therefore if you smoke before you work out you will probably won't lift as much as when your not high. As far as muscle being eaten away, you might want to talk to Michale Phelps. He seems to be ok.

I am not a body builder at all, but I have been going to the gym approx 5 times a week the last year, minus the time I had surgery. But I do have a little something to contribute. Bear with me. :p

One night I went to the gym. I planned on doing an hour on the treadmill. I ate a mj brownie just before I left assuming it would be a good hour before it kicked in anyways. On the drive to the club my phone rings and I sit in the parking lot gabbing with my friend for 20 minutes. Then I go on and get going on my machine. All is well. I am at a great pace, jamming out to my tunes, no problems. Then outta no where I had to slow everything down. The brownie kicked in. :p I couldn't keep up anymore.

Now I know lifting weights and using a treadmill are 2 completely different things, but damn.....my performance was very compromised when my magic brownie kicked in.

That's all. Carry on.

And damn, just noticed this thread is like 4 yrs old.....lmao.

Tommy Chong has said numerous times he smoked weed all the time with Arnold Swazanager when he was training for his second Mr.universe!

SmokinMom said:
I am not a body builder at all, but I have been going to the gym approx 5 times a week the last year, minus the time I had surgery. But I do have a little something to contribute. Bear with me. :p

One night I went to the gym. I planned on doing an hour on the treadmill. I ate a mj brownie just before I left assuming it would be a good hour before it kicked in anyways. On the drive to the club my phone rings and I sit in the parking lot gabbing with my friend for 20 minutes. Then I go on and get going on my machine. All is well. I am at a great pace, jamming out to my tunes, no problems. Then outta no where I had to slow everything down. The brownie kicked in. :p I couldn't keep up anymore.

Now I know lifting weights and using a treadmill are 2 completely different things, but damn.....my performance was very compromised when my magic brownie kicked in.

That's all. Carry on.

And damn, just noticed this thread is like 4 yrs old.....lmao.

I never said anything about working out high lol, I went from 140lb shrimp to 240 lbs ripped, I didnt work out high lol but I did smoke every day!! Keep workin it smokinmom, your probably smokin in more than one way if you have been working out that much:)

they say thc lower's testosterone levels wich is what helps build muscle...if you eat right and use free weights you will deff add muscle but since you say you gained weight im thinking "fat" you wont loose or gain weight at first but you will turn the blub into muscle..as for smoking and lifting my best advice that has worked for me as well as others i know is do your workouts in the mourning "free weights and cardio either same day or seprate try to hit the weights 3 times a week..and smoke mid day never before you sleep since your bodys testosterone levels are elvating at night while you sleep to build and recooperate<<bad spelling>>your muscle that you just ripped apart<<the burning sensation you get or better known as the pump... while lifting..just my thoughts and how i do it on a daily basis...take hydroxy cut with some creatine and protein powder and your good to go also note if you take these 3 supplements by muscle tech called 1.cell tech.2.nitro tech and hydroxycut for 12 weeks and follow a good diet and exercize program you will lose the fat and gain somewhere between 12-15 pounds of muscle with some added water weight from the cell tech.....

MindzEye said:
I never said anything about working out high lol, I went from 140lb shrimp to 240 lbs ripped, I didnt work out high lol but I did smoke every day!! Keep workin it smokinmom, your probably smokin in more than one way if you have been working out that much:)

Thanks Mindzeye. A few yrs of neglect on top of a few yrs of birthing babes, I am just trying to get back in shape. Still a little bit to go yet. I enjoy it a lot, particularly the eye candy. :hubba:

middieman440 said:
they say thc lower's testosterone levels wich is what helps build muscle...if you eat right and use free weights you will deff add muscle but since you say you gained weight im thinking "fat" you wont loose or gain weight at first but you will turn the blub into muscle..as for smoking and lifting my best advice that has worked for me as well as others i know is do your workouts in the mourning "free weights and cardio either same day or seprate try to hit the weights 3 times a week..and smoke mid day never before you sleep since your bodys testosterone levels are elvating at night while you sleep to build and recooperate<<bad spelling>>your muscle that you just ripped apart<<the burning sensation you get or better known as the pump... while lifting..just my thoughts and how i do it on a daily basis...take hydroxy cut with some creatine and protein powder and your good to go also note if you take these 3 supplements by muscle tech called 1.cell tech.2.nitro tech and hydroxycut for 12 weeks and follow a good diet and exercize program you will lose the fat and gain somewhere between 12-15 pounds of muscle with some added water weight from the cell tech.....

Ive never heard of marijuana lowering testosterone levels.... You have a link to any studys on it?

And if it does you can do like every other body builder does and supplement testosterone...

Latest posts

Back