Eggplants are popping up 😊

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
I finally found homes for the 13 clones living in my little grow box making room for my new garden seeds. These were all loving life this morning when I checked them. Looks like I may have eggplant for the neighborhood again this year. Next peppers 🌶 I’m gonna start them soon too. I bought starter plants last year from the local nursery. Somehow this feels more natural 😊 I know it’s not weed but I was so excited about the new babies I had to share or bust 😂
644B40ED-CFF9-473B-A24B-4B5F968922BD.jpeg

Just starting some lettuce, broccoli and leeks here. I tried spinach as well, but none of the seeds germinated.

View attachment 291378
Yay! I have to many rabbits here for the leafy greens Although I did manage to have some for us too last spring as long as I didn’t mind sharing. The winter, they were much hungrier I guess and ate everything down to the nub until it grew back another 4” then come back and take it down again. I did purchase a roll of wire fence I plan to cut and and put up a 1-1/2 ft fence around my 2 square foot gardens to keep the honest rabbits honest.

I was transplanting most the day yesterday. Moving all my veggies into felt pots. I really like them. No more plastic for me.😁
I usually grow in the ground as I have no experience growing veggies in pots. I really should try because I don’t have the acreage that I use to. Now limited space but lots of porch deck room to try it. What size pots do you use say for a tomato plant To get a good yield?

I use 7 gallon Infinity felt pots for my bigger veggies like Tomatoes and Peppers. The handles are great for moving them if I need too.
I'm using MG that I mix 30 to 40% perlite with.
Two of My pepper plants are 3yrs old. Bought two more Cheyenne yesterday. I also have 3 Myers limon tree's I keep short in 7 gallon felt and one in the ground I keep short and covered in the winter.
Made my Wife a Herb garden yesterday too have 5 different herbs in it but I used a long wide trough for that.
Ordered me a 5 pack of 3 gallon and 5 gallon Infinity felt pots off Amazon yesterday for my smaller stuff like flowers.
Those pots are awesome. They have handles to move them with and metal eyes on the top edges to use for tie downs.
I love growing. I have two nice pear trees, two apple 🍎 trees, 5 blackberry bushes and two blueberry bushes. Got rid of my peach trees because they are a pain in the ass. Took me awhile to dig the tap roots up and pull them down. 😁
Here is the 3 gallon. Couldn't believe how reasonable the prices are.
714ExI164QS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Boy you can sure tell it is spring time here. All the pot growers are Gardner's as well. Starting my maters next weekend. Peppers soon after. I will grow them in my veg tent until it is warm enough to move outside.... Cold weather plants will go in the ground in hopefully in mid April. Gonna rely on the veggie garden more than ever this year with prices and shortages.

Love eggplant. Order it all the time when we go out for Italian.

Last round of clones are starting to show roots. Last time I will do clones until late summer.
I need a break...

I started one of my tomato plants a couple months ago from seed (that I took from my cherry tomato plant last year) and grew inside. It's now about 3ft tall and in a 7 gallon felt pot. I cloned it a couple weeks ago and that one I put in the ground on the south side of my house and it is looking good. Never even dropped the flowers.
And I have two more seedlings about 2 weeks old. Yea we love tomatoes. These are big cherry tomatoes and they are awesome.

I use 7 gallon Infinity felt pots for my bigger veggies like Tomatoes and Peppers. The handles are great for moving them if I need too.
I'm using MG that I mix 30 to 40% perlite with.
Two of My pepper plants are 3yrs old. Bought two more Cheyenne yesterday. I also have 3 Myers limon tree's I keep short in 7 gallon felt and one in the ground I keep short and covered in the winter.
Made my Wife a Herb garden yesterday too have 5 different herbs in it but I used a long wide trough for that.
Ordered me a 5 pack of 3 gallon and 5 gallon Infinity felt pots off Amazon yesterday for my smaller stuff like flowers.
Those pots are awesome. They have handles to move them with and metal eyes on the top edges to use for tie downs.
I love growing. I have two nice pear trees, two apple 🍎 trees, 5 blackberry bushes and two blueberry bushes. Got rid of my peach trees because they are a pain in the ass. Took me awhile to dig the tap roots up and pull them down. 😁
Here is the 3 gallon. Couldn't believe how reasonable the prices are.
View attachment 291392
Yes maybe I will try a few of these on the porch. My two small garden spaces are dedicated to eggplant and peppers cause we can’t seem to get enough of them but the felt pots look like a good idea for a few extra veggies just need to put on my city hat. 🤣

Boy you can sure tell it is spring time here. All the pot growers are Gardner's as well. Starting my maters next weekend. Peppers soon after. I will grow them in my veg tent until it is warm enough to move outside.... Cold weather plants will go in the ground in hopefully in mid April. Gonna rely on the veggie garden more than ever this year with prices and shortages.

Love eggplant. Order it all the time when we go out for Italian.

Last round of clones are starting to show roots. Last time I will do clones until late summer.
I need a break...
Love to hear that some that grow weed and veggies too. We love breaded eggplant (the long skinny ones with tiny seeds) I bread them and feed them to everyone that comes here. Good meat substitute too and love it in Italian dishes. Good luck on your tomatoes. And your clones too. Sounds like you gotta a good plan and everyone gonna be wanting clones soon.

We goofed off and didn't plant a garden last year. I used to put in at least a dozen 180' rows of corn, but the deer are really rough on the sprouts, and the coons devastate the mature corn, normally the night before I'd planned on picking it. Gonna try it smaller scale up closer to the house and keep the corn feeders filled all summer.
Whistle pigs are mean to sprouts that the deer don't bother. The Old Hen is very much an animal lover, but when she saw that one had eaten an entire row of zucchini, she told me to get rid of him with extreme prejudice. A little lead in his diet did the trick, and the coyotes got a free meal.

lucky you guys have better weather

we will start some indoor veggies this week but not much can go outdoors until May 1-15 when it get warmer and the threat of the last frost is past
Dang my last frost date is Mar 31st. I started my veggies in End of Feb they were in the garden April1st. With everything else. The first ones were my sour 60. I planted 5. 3 were males and one was cast with purple near the edges and stems The last one was purple everywhere. That is my BOTM entry. Both plants came from the same place yet were so different. I have some of those soaking now. They are 60 days start to finish. I believe I let mine go 72.

Latest posts

Back