Eight Miles High A Growing Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gourmet your plants look great bro.... sorry i didnt read the entire journal but do you use the full fox farm line of nutes? or just the big bloom + tiger bloom?

JAAM,

Thank you.

I start out using General Organics Bio Root, then Fox Farms Grow Big, during veg along with a little Cal Mag. This time because I was using fresh Fox Farms soil, I didn't have to use Grow Big until my last watering at just under 5 weeks when I switched them over to 12/12. Now I will use the fox farm blooming nutes I mentioned only, plus Cal Mag. Fox Farms has a lot of other nutes I don't use.

Plants have been under hps for a week and they better start showing sex soon so I can remove the males to make more room for the females. Also will bend them over so make more headroom as soon as I have more room in the tent. They seem to look fine to me at this time, just getting a little crowded.

wk1flower1.JPG

wk1flower2.JPG

wk1flower3JPG.jpg

wk1flower4.JPG

As best as I can tell right now, it looks like I have three girls and two boys. That would be perfect as I can weed out the two boys and have more room for the girls. They are definitely stretching, not sure if it is because I put them into flower before inter nodal spacing or because they are too crowded, but clearing out the boys will certainly help either way.

It is definite. Chopped down the two males today leaving me three girls. I also bent them over and tied them down, as at the rate they are still growing they will outgrow my tent. Pics next Saturday.

Congrats on the girls. Always nice to have that part out of the way.

I find the more I try to tie mine down, the crazier they grow. Seems like my FIM and trims bounce right back with hardly any recovery time at all.

not sure if it is because I put them into flower before inter nodal spacing

Likely to have been a part of it...

:ciao: Gourmet!! :48:

:yeahthat: + could just be a super stretchy strain. greeen mojo for you and your 3 ladies.

Aloha
:48: :ciao:

Thanks all.

Tastyness, Mine slipped the knots and were growing straight again today :)

Roddy, I heard the feedback and took my chances...delicate balance to get these to fit with so little headroom.

Squidy, Don't know, never grew it before. They were pretty compact under veg. But they are a Sativa Indica mix so the saliva could be coming out.

Made me laugh you all. Automatic spellcheck has worth.

Using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom alternately with a little Cal Mag each time. Look what has appeared,,,

flower1.JPG

Just finished week 2 of flowering stage. I snipped off some of the small lower branches that don't get enough light.

flw wk2 1.JPG

flwr wk2 2.JPG

flwr wk 2 3.JPG

Plants all look gooood....I used Foxfarm the last time I was growing and that was 7 years ago, I do like it but this time I went with Advanced just for something different.....Happy Growing!!!..............:icon_smile:

gourmet said:
Fox Farms has a lot of other nutes I don't use.

gourmet you should def look to add the 3 powered FF nutes(Open Sesame, Beastie Bloom & Cha Ching) to your nute list... the Organic and Tiger bloom are very very light on the nutes and IME you'll see a very noticable difference in the finished product... :hubba: :48:

Will do JAAM. Glad to hear the recommendation.

In the meantime, I have had to top the main cola on two of the plants cause they were touching the HPS light and crisping. I hope that does not stress the flowering plants out too much.

I think you are right JAAM, that I need better nutrients. Looks like they are starting to lack in nitrogen too early in flower...it is only week 3 of allegedly 8 to 9 week flower. I don't want to add more nitrogen the third week of flower either, so I guess we'll just see how it goes.

wk3 flower1.JPG

wk3 flower2.JPG

Is the top of the gal in the first pic burned on the top, or is that the lighting?

:ciao: gourmet!!

That is the lighting...sorry, not much space. There are a couple of buds burned on another plant that I removed.

Latest posts

Back