Electric Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Our power bill went up 60.00 a month. We are on the pay the same each month plan and it has been under 100.00 for 20 years. Now it jumped to 150.00 I know we have cheap energy in this area. I think the company had a 20 % increase but that wouldn't count for 60 bucks. That can't be my lights? 40 bucks a month? Could it?

Rose, your running a 600 and a 400 right? I'm in the "same area" and with both lights they only go up about $15....I think it has something to do with the percentage increase.

Is a friendly phone call in order?

JMO, but i dont like to rock the boat with the power company, i dont call them and they dont call me.

before you know it they wanna help you find out why you are using more power.

Thanks you guys, yes, dman and Oso, I have been toying with calling them. Like you said damn, don't put attention on my account, but yes Oso, that would be a almost 60 % increase. Your running a 1000 too right?
Yes it is a 400 and a 600, plus a couple small t5's in the closet.

Roddy, how much of your bill is lights? I have a pretty small house, 1400 square feet is all.

That's the increase from norm, Rosie! Of course, I was running a heater and am running fans...an A/C will probably mean a bit more increase over summer, plus I'm looking to add another 1000w HPS! OUCH!!

Its hard to think of a way to confirm the % increase ... cuz I probably wouldnt be calling them myself. I'd have a friend call them. But I do feel that a call to the PUD is in order.

Unless you started running the A/C and forgot...LOL :)

No, too cold for Ac. I was thinking I would call the pud and ask what the percent increase was and not give them my account number. I am legal, but why draw attention, I guess.

Roddy, you are paying 200 dollars extra a month to grow?
Mr RB would be highly disappointed if I did that. LOLOLO

I forgot you were legal, just a fantasy for me.

Call them up and give them heck, LOL.

I hope you can be legal some day soon dman. The whole country needs to be legal...and not just medical. Don't get me started.:mad: :argue: :48: :**: :hairpull:

Just do the math, look on your energy bill and see how much they are charging you per kwh (kilawatt hour). .10 per kwh would be 10 cents for every hour you were using 1000 watts. So if you have 1000w worth of lights, plus your ballasts and some t5's you might be around 1500w lets say. If you were paying .10 per kwh (for example), you would be paying .15 cents an hour to run your lighting setup.
After adding in the exhaust fans, circulation fans etc your bill can go up pretty fast.

I'm running a 1000w light Rose and my bill went up by at least 70 bucks so you are in the ballpark for that wattage. I'm certain my rates are higher than yours.

Edit: Not bad for the total amout of weed you get and what it comes out to per oz.

They generally only reevaluate your account once a year when you are on level pay. If in the past year you used more than $1200 worth of electricity, 2 things are going to happen. First of all, your monthly payment is going to go up to reflect your new usage number, but you also have to pay back whatever electricity you used over $1200.

The Hemp Goddess said:
They generally only reevaluate your account once a year when you are on level pay. If in the past year you used more than $1200 worth of electricity, 2 things are going to happen. First of all, your monthly payment is going to go up to reflect your new usage number, but you also have to pay back whatever electricity you used over $1200.

:yeahthat:

That's what I was thinking...

You kno I would almost say that you RoseBud and Oso probably live like in the same area as me from the sounds of it. Crazy, a person never really truly knows there own neighbors.... lol

You would be lucky to have either one of us for neighbors, I think. Whenever I mention Oso to my family, they are pretty sure he is a serial killer, but I vouch for him. He's my friend.

Are you in eastern Wa RS?

:rofl: Me!! A Serial Killer!!?? :doh: DOH!!!

I'm am the biggest "Cereal" killah you've ever talked to!!

For those of you that really want to know what each device you have is costing you per/month on your electric bill, you might consider buying a "Kill-A-Watt" Meter.

$20.28 at Home Depot
homedepot.com/buy/electrical/electrical-tools-accessories/kill-a-watt-83064.html

It will allow you to track EXACTLY what each of your devices costs you.

For example, I just hooked it up to my two 430 watt HPS lights in my flowering room. Each 12 hours, it tells me to the decimal point how much electricity was used and to the minute, how much time was involved.

By doing a bit of math, I've found that those two 430 watt HPS cost me $1.30 for each day they are on for 12 hours.

That meter is worth its weight in gold, in peace of mind.

Plus, its just fun to play with...hehe :hubba:

The way I calculate my REAL electric bill costs per/kwh is to use the entire amount of the bill, including taxes for this, taxes for that, this charge, that charge.....it's all part of your bill.

The supposed kwh rating is nonsense after you add all that other stuff.

It knocks mine from ten cents per/kwh, all the way to 13 cents.

I use the past years costs to determine the total and then divide by the number of months for a one month average. For me, that average is 13 cents per/kilowatt.

Get that meter! It's priced great and is one hell of a tool!

Plug and Play!

Latest posts

Back