emergency ph question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
my soil is at 6.5 right now, the food i just mixed up is between 4-4.5. What will this do to my soil. I am in 5 gal buckets and am feeding them 1/2 gallon. I have no ph up. My soil is dry 3-4" down, so they need to be watered. What should I do. Hydro store is like 1 1/2 away and closed for the day

IMO I would not water untill you get it closer to where you need it. Might cause more issues then its worth ya know..

thats what I am thinking. Is it hard to raise the ph in the soil itself?

your soil ph is dead on, don't raise it. Adjust your nutrient ph. If you can't do that immediately, give them straight h20 if they're thirsty untill you can get to the store. Missing a single feeding is less likely to 'muck up' yer grow, than a ph flucuation.

why couldnt I think of that hick. That is why I love this site. Speedy info on anything grow related

If you can get your hands on some PH up and PH down ($16) it is priceless...The testing kit IMHO is very accurate for the most part and very easy to use...You just test the water or solution first then add PH up or PH down depending on what you need to the water your using or to the nutes you mixed and then test again using the drops provided in the kit, once your PH is stable (yellow in the test) then you just water as you normally would with the ph adjusted water....Hick is actually the one that recommended this to me and I bought and have not had any problems since...by the way thanks hick your the man...Anyhow good luck Rocky, keep us posted on what you do. Peace Out and Bless!

Here is a link: http://hydroponics-garden.stores.yahoo.net/phcontrolkit.html

went out and got some ph up today, already had the down. Figured I made it this far may as well finish right.
thanks guys

Latest posts

Back