Emergency! Strange reaction to smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happen to me sometime... when smoke tooo much and not eating right
less potassium,... if you add lot of beers, and combine with some hits of bowls

boom there you go, float in the air and hit the bed right away....

imbalance body can cause frequently of these symptoms... when I made a nice homemade water bong, I couldn't suck it all, I cough and cough then cough and gag and cough...
thats sickest bong I ever tried!! I'm glad I'm unleased redneck

something of the sort happened to me once. i smoked a joint with a buddy before going to visit my friend in the hospital. I was high and feeling the same just as i always do but while i was sitting in the hospital room i started getting hot and felt like i was losing conciousness. sure enough i did, and fell on the floor and was told i was twitching. i woke up on the floor, stumbled back to my seat and just my luck at that time the nurses came (had no idea what just happened) and told us we had to leave to room for a few minutes. barely still concious, i stumbled down the hallway and was just about to pass out when my friend grabbed me and sat me in the closest waiting room. ate a cookie and had a glass of water and was perfectly fine. and i was still stoned:hubba: it did freak me out though, it must have been cause i didnt eat all day, or the fact seeing my friend hooked up to a life monitor with multiple tubes coming out of his stomach might have done it! but its never happened before or since. just must have been a random thing! hope all goes well for you in the future

:48: :joint: :bong: :smoke1: just burn another one you/ll be alright.:smoke1: :bong: :joint: :48:
papabeach1 said:
happen to me sometime... when smoke tooo much and not eating right
less potassium,... if you add lot of beers, and combine with some hits of bowls

boom there you go, float in the air and hit the bed right away....

imbalance body can cause frequently of these symptoms... when I made a nice homemade water bong, I couldn't suck it all, I cough and cough then cough and gag and cough...
thats sickest bong I ever tried!! I'm glad I'm unleased redneck

You guys realize this thread is two years old right? All of our posts have these little things called dates on them. This is a super secret codeing technique that allows people that know how to read it to tell when something was posted. lol

Young Jay said:
Smoked again last week and had the same reactions (not as intense b/c i wasnt as high). I had some orange juice and it didnt help at all. My heart was pounding (and I mean POUNDING) and i had that uncomfortable feeling in my chest again. I finally just decided to go to sleep. I thought about it, thought it could be an anxiety attack, paranoia (heard've some ppl that smoke dope too much and get paranoid) or maybe i just have chest problems. Then I thought if I just keep on smoking my body might develop a tolerance for it and it might just go away. Any comments or suggestions that could help me would be appreciated.

You need to see your doctor, man.
What's happening is that smoking weed causes a drop in blood pressure. That's why you get red eyes, the blood vessels dilate. The same thing causes gray or blackout after climbing stairs while too high.
Get a stress test is my advice. That 'uncomfortable feeling' is insufficient oxygen in your heart muscle. Go and get a stress test with an ECG, it is a simple procedure, it will tell you if there's anything wrong. This is one of the reasons why older guys often quit weed, the symptoms can be too severe. Don't want to alarm you, but get yourself checked up, better than checking out.
Oh, and sorry for responding to such an old thread.

I am sure it is the toxins that make us sick twice I passed out once in France when I was helping in the kitchen at a resterunant and had a naturel drink mix with a little gin in it, and began to smoke. I hit he floor and it took a lot to me up.the second time I was smoking in the car my friend had given me an old joint not only did I pass out but I woke up in the parking lot in a pill of vomit. I am pretty sure that it is the chemicals in the herb.mamaV

This has also happened to me, simply put, its an anxiety/panic attack. Ever since it happened, over 13 years ago, I have been susceptible to them. I smoked weed for about 15 years before I had this issue. When I got the attacks they were very powerful and stopped me from doing a lot of things I normally did, smoking herb being one of them. It sucked to say the least. I smoke again now and I only use a little at a time and only in a place that is safe and when I know I do not have to do anything like, say, leave the house. :) If I smoke to much now, there is a greater chance of becoming paranoid which will then make me over react and cause a panic attack. It is totally mental however, that doesn't make the problem any easier though. Nothing is harder to get over then your own mind turning against you. Even though this post is old, I figured I would post any way in case some one else was having these challenges. It does not mean your mentally weak or a "*****" like one person posted. Things happen. My advice which is from experience is, stay off the weed for a bit, at least 2 weeks, flush your system. That means plenty of water, 1/2 gallon a day (oddly this will cause weight loss as well, bonus!) pomegranate and cranberry juice are also good for clearing out your system. Eat and sleep properly! I can not stress that enough. If you do not eat 3 squares a day, your body will not function properly. If you do not sleep enough, your body does not function properly. Sleep is when your body repairs it self, process' data and rests. Once you have anxiety/panic attacks you have to mind your diet and sleep in order to control them. I do not mean to preach, I just do not want any of you to go through what I did, it was a horrible experience. Take care of your self, enjoy your weed and do not be a "hero" by trying to be the guy who smokes more weed then they need. Peace

get your self checked sir. i think u might be diabetic for one. an for 2 there is no way weed is causeing this. it is just bring to light something that is worng with u bro. there is noway that cabbiness can cause any of the afects u are saying. thowing up, lose of consince, noway. yeah u can pass out an sleep but not the way u guys are talking about. your weed was A, lased with something or B, had fungis an was dryed an cured wrong. or C there is something wrong with you. cuz weed can not cause any of thows things.

lady kush said:
Ive had that happen a few times to me the worse was when one day I stoped by a friend's house, I left my coat on cause I wasnt staying long and one of my friends started rolling up. It was so hot and humid in the house it hit me after the second pull. My knees got wobbly, I was sweating and I felt like I was going to pass out and it was just some Blueberry. I immediately threw some water on my face and drank some juice. About 5 minutes later I started feeling better. So it might have been the heat and hummidity. So just be careful and when its hot like that keep something to drink on hand when you smoke.
That is exactly what happened to me last night.
That is exactly what happened to me last night. I was wearing a sweater and we started smoking this 4 foot bog. I took 2 massive hits in like 2 minutes and then all of a sudden it started getting way too hot in there. I started swallowing a lot and quickly became dehydrated. I couldn't have smoked any moderate sized bong hit if I wanted. I started getting disorieted and my vision started to blur. Almost like it was going pixilated by tiny specs. I chilled out for a while maybe 3 more minutes and I couldn't take it anymore, the heat was making me feel sick and the fact that my vision was so impared I knew something wasn't right, so I just said "alright, I'll be outside" and left. I walked out of that room very drugged. There was a roomfull of about 6 or 10 black dudes watching me go up the stairs and let me say, it was awkward in the fullest. I even had to put a hand on the step ahead of me to keep my balance.
But I'm happy to say that after a few minutes in the cool outside air I felt very relieved and started calming down. I started walking the streets for something to do and ended up walking home which was 2 hours away. I seriously needed a chance to get my bearings straight. Crazy night.

if I were having such symtoms I would have myself checked for blood sugars during such an episode. It could be sudden onset of either hypoglycemia or sugar diabetes. If drinking a glass of orange juice does indeed straighten the problem out within half an hour, then I would definately check it out, cuz it could be either of those...

Peace...j.b.

dude, I'm in OC too. I think just being here makes me nauseous. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's the people's attitudes, I don't know...

i think what you need to do is smoke more. :)

i had a similar experience at my sisters one night. We were passing around a bowl and toking (this was after four other bowls) when i just got this really strange feeling, palpatations and sweating uncontrolably. I remember walking down the hallway and falling blacking out and being helped into a chair. They all thought i was just to stoned, but it really freaked me out. But i kept smoking and building a tolerance. So thats what i tell you, smoke more, blackout less, and enjoy it. :)

Good luck!

i had a similair experience freaked right out ...heart palpitations ,hearing f@##in voices i went blue man i tripped way of the map man!! it made me stop smokin for 3 years .. the market was run by a local bikie gang (15 years ago ) i later found out these as@!#$es were dippin the buds in horse tranquilizers and a mate infomed that oranges yea man an orange cures this effect .. and it did for me at least ! they used to have the market on the off season and when in need what does one do !

I know, zombie thread that just won't die. I just hope someone has a solution that helps. I have another side-effect that has made my last few highs so bad that I want to stop.

I don't smoke very often, primarily for migraines and pain relief. I know the buds aren't laced because I know the grower and have shared hits with others who didn't get my side-effect. I get a nice high for about 30 minutes to an hour, then there's an adrenaline rush that I think is my body's reaction to massive dizziness. I've thrown up, which helped, but the last time I was spinning until 3am when I finally was able to drag myself into bed. Lying down is the only thing that helps, and any movement is misery. It is as if my inner-ear has gone haywire and my body is unable to figure out how to process the movement signals.

None of the stoners that I know have ever heard of this. Does anyone have a clue?

I haven't tried OJ, but at this point I'd rather ride a migraine...
BTW, it isn't just an interaction caused by migraines. I've tested that.

well a freind of mine used to get sick at first till his body got used to it try a all night smoke-a-thon with munchies handy or see a doctor who doesnt have a bias opinion on the subject, my doctor is open to MMJ.

BrewGeek said:
I know, zombie thread that just won't die. I just hope someone has a solution that helps. I have another side-effect that has made my last few highs so bad that I want to stop.

I don't smoke very often, primarily for migraines and pain relief. I know the buds aren't laced because I know the grower and have shared hits with others who didn't get my side-effect. I get a nice high for about 30 minutes to an hour, then there's an adrenaline rush that I think is my body's reaction to massive dizziness. I've thrown up, which helped, but the last time I was spinning until 3am when I finally was able to drag myself into bed. Lying down is the only thing that helps, and any movement is misery. It is as if my inner-ear has gone haywire and my body is unable to figure out how to process the movement signals.

None of the stoners that I know have ever heard of this. Does anyone have a clue?

I haven't tried OJ, but at this point I'd rather ride a migraine...
BTW, it isn't just an interaction caused by migraines. I've tested that.
well the hospital informed me that its panic attacks . i.e anxiety attacks this was occuring on my part ... during a drinking binge and smoking giddy up gogo juice

I am so glade this information is posted because I have had the same reaction I haven't had any for about three weeks now, and my heart is still acting strange I went to a doctor but not a heart doctor she told me it was stress but I know it's not. I will take lots of vitamin C now for sure. I went to church a couple weeks ago and it was reviled by God for me to eat strawberries for my healing I know they are good for the heart and has loads of vitamin c. I really think it is a reaction from the chemical that are in the herb, not good time to stop or grow your own. I always by herbs from the same person for years now I have blacked out and vomited several times this last time i have decide to stop all together. I get in the spirit of God now and it is the best and don't cost any money if you want to try it email me.

yea this happened to me aswell
i woke up, smoked some purple mixed with some other good **** (not sure exactly what it was) and went to oceans of fun, i was very scared but when i embraced this new kind of high it was one of the best days of my life

wow adults call this light weights....get over it you can't overdose from weed...it all in ya head learn to controll ya brain....

Latest posts

Back