Emergency! Strange reaction to smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its eather that or they are geting stuff lased with PCP or angle dust.

Thankyou Weedidas,

some people really need to read that,especially those prone to or may get a panic attack from smoking pot.

After reading this and that person freaks out after smoking a joint or a after a big session they'll be hopefully in a better position to cope,won't immediately think they are dying or eventually realise they are not.

I've taken someone to hospital after a panic attack and the guy had hysterical blindness,(he couldnt see!)he was in a total adrenalin feedback loop,the more he panicked the more adrenalin was pumped the faster his heart went which made his head think he was dying.

I took him home after a pat on the head and a 5ml valium.

And 40 minutes in intense trying to get his mind to slow the ride down,which is what it was,an adrenalin rocket ride more than roller coaster.

But people having panic attacks really think they are dying,it's not even nice to witness,let alone experience.

This has happened to me as well,I was under the boardwalk on a very hot day.Me and my buddy smoked a fatty and felt lovely,watchin the waves and the chics go bye.Then we decided to make tracks,and the heat blanket smothered me and I planted my *** back down.He took a trip to the store for some tall boys...That did the trick :D Just keep your composure and it passes..

Idk but i did and i had pissed and **** my pants a little. I couldnt throw up and it felt terrible

I used to get all ****** up and get dizzy then puke, I finally went to the doctor and it wasn't weed at all, I was diagnosed with CVS cyclic vomiting syndrome that was caused by a certain type of migraine. Well i got med's and i'm loving life again :)

What most of you are describing sounds like anxiety attacks. And a lot of your symptoms sound like depersonalization/derealization.

Some have a predisposition to certain mental problems like depersonalization and anxiety, when smoking pot, it can induce this earlier in life.

I have depersonalization and it can be a nightmare to deal with! I have smoked for about 12 years and pot can seriously mess with your head if you get something that does not agree with you. And no it has nothing to do with being a chump! Different people get different reactions to everything! Sadly my depersonalization has never went away and never will, but it is manageable now. So, I say the hell with it and keep on smoking, just take it slow sometimes and maybe take some days off.

Although MJ can not kill you or really harm you, it can help along mental issues. Just go to google and type in depersonalization and derealization. I have a feeling a lot of you will find out that's whats going on with you. Check out this site too. hxxp://www.depersonalization.info/overview.html

Also, I am majoring in psychology...I do know what I'm talking about.

HazeMe

mind over matter.......get over the mind an then it won't matter....an if its that bad why are u smoking the the first place, i smoke cuz it relaxes me an helps me focies. why would u do something to your self like that?? my first thought is u are a bunch of kids smoking to "look cool" please stop it. if MJ ant for u stop smoking it. some people in life are smokers ie me, i can smoke an have been smoking since i was 13...since about 18 evey single day, have not missed one yet. some people are drinkers, lord knows i cant drink i get drunk quick, an i don't like how i feel. so i smoke, not to say i don't drink a little wine or a beer or 2 with family, an thats only cuz they don't smoke! they drink!! so i ask again, why the hell u smoking if stuff like u all say happens? how can u enjoy your high if u freaking out? makes no cents to me.

everything in this post to me sounds like a good clear cut case of pyschosis lets face it, it happens to the best of us at times. Marijuana does cause a very serious and intense pyschosis among some users I could happen once and never again or it could happen everytime u smoke for the rest of forever but stuff happens

It sounds like you're having issues with your blood pressure. cut back on your cholesterol and salt intake. O-J is probably a good bet, I've seen a few other guys post about that. The weed is the trigger, not the cause. Mary is just telling you that your diet is out of whack. It's happened to me several times, from marijuana and marinol. Since I'm a medical marijuana patient, I could talk to my doctor about it and thats what she told me.

wow thats crazy the only thing close to that happend to my friend when took a big hit and he threwup right after he took the pipe down but after he went to the bathroom he felt normal well like normally high it never happended to him scene

ya it happens man. panic attacks and shortness of breath. ive thought i wasn't getting enough oxygen to my brain a few times and started breathin more. ive had my heart racing like i just ran a marathon. ive truthfully thought i dislocated my arm before but really didn't. ive blacked out too.......just drink some cold OJ and chill in the AC. i may also suggest you go to gnc and find a nitric oxide supplement like NO Xplode. it opens your veins up and allows more blood flow. cold-to-hot showers work too. hope this helps man.

I didnt read all posts but thought I would add. In high school I smoked daily and maybe a year after. I quit smoking because of a job for a good year. My friends came home from college and said they had some great bud so we smoked and I got real high! long story real short within an hr things got real bad for me. Was driving a car and literaly couldnt stop the car my girlfriend at the time had smoked also but was fine. I had to put in park at 50 mph crazy the trans didnt go. She drove me home and I was going crazy started to see myself talking ect.. it was like a bad trip that just kept getting stronger and stronger 2 hrs later still going strong trails started and I didnt want to talk because I would see myself talk. CRAZY scary for me tried to lay down made it worse. Shortened version my girlfriend had to call her mom to take me to the hospital. E.R. took blood pressure 210 over 160.
Instantly knocked me out dont remember anything after. Next morning I woke up and my girl was staring at me. I told I had the most jacked up dream but it wasnt she said. She told me my friends brought the weed to the hospital to get tested for other drugs(thanks to good friends). A week later I had a follow up with my dr. he explained that mj is a halusinagenic and I had a reaction to it that was very rare ( true i dont know?). Since I have smoked a couple of times with the same effects (small puffs). Sounds crazy but gods honest truth. Best for me to stay away but wish I could smoke for sleep and cluster migraines I suffer from.

To add funny thing is I do suffer from anxiety disorder ever since.

crazy. i thought i was alone..
ive been smoking everyday for 6 or so years and never had a bad reaction.. this one stuff i got from a friend gave me a terrible experience though.. no one else that smoked it had a similar experience, all good for them..
about 30min or so after smoking this one herb i got an extreme panic attack. i thought i was going to pass out at a restaraunt, i started sweating fast and my heart started racing.. i felt really dizzy and like i couldnt walk straight.. i ran to the car and put the ac on high and i was better in a minute or so.. a couple days later i tried the same herb and had the same effect pretty much.. i threw that **** away. lol

I am lucky I guess. 12 years and no bad reactions...I have never had a panic attack. thank god.

Yo Ho my friends, :)

Not to dis anyone here, but the problems were dealt with very easily back in my days. We called it having a good babysitter, or rather a good friend that was used to the effects and knew what to do if you ran into a wall. :shocked:

Most stoners understand that having something good to drink, and refresh yourself with is very important, along with something lite to put in your stomach.

A good sitter also knows how to help inhance your buzz, and your good time with great jams, or a funny movie. Maybe even a sit down out on the back patio. That person also knows how to bring you down if you start to get too tightly wound you know ??

The medical report about diabetes couldn't be more wrong. I think that who-ever wrote that probably got bit by the snake that he/she was messing with, and to publish something that far off the mark is really sad. I was diabetic, and I mean insulin dependant to the tune of four to seven shots of insulin a day just to keep my blood sugar under control.

By the way the fastest acting way to get your blood sugar up is a glass of OJ or even a pepsi or a coke. Should the individual be awake and not in an absolute stuper, then a simple piece of candy will do.

I always carried packets of honey in my pockets as an emergency imput of sugar. It's not that bad if your sugar is up, of course anything over 200 is doing vascular damage pretty quick. It's when your sugar drops lower than it should that you can get into trouble, but a smart stoner that is diabetic would already have that figured out.

Like I said we fixed the potential for these issues back along time ago with just having a cool, smooth, sitter that can get high, but knows how to care for you just in case. Try it sometime, you will love the good company.

Some folks should not smoke period, as it just flat out might not be what trips their trigger ya know ?? I also think that it can trip paranoid reactions in some folks that might be to highly wound, or maybe something else that causes our good smoke to be not so good for that individual.

Another thing for those that are unsure of what will happen should they decide to smoke again. Try taking only a small toke or two and then see what you get from it. You know the Old saying, "easy does it"...

Last but not least, I highly recommend growing your own, at least you will know what your getting, and you don't run the risk of some fool spraying it with something like raid to kill his pests, never thinking that it would be absorbed by the plant and likely to poisen the smoker. Yikes...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
Last but not least, I highly recommend growing your own, at least you will know what your getting, and you don't run the risk of some fool spraying it with something like raid to kill his pests, never thinking that it would be absorbed by the plant and likely to poisen the smoker. Yikes.

Hey KK! Good to see you again!

Unfortunately (or, fortunately) the dangers of things like Raid products are highly overrated. I seriously doubt this could be the cause of these problems.

Raid is chemically active with very small percentages of pyrethroids, or pyrethrins or some other fancy word that just means derived (derivitive) from chrysanthimum flowers. As far as chemicals go, this one is fairly safe. *Please don't misconstrue my words as a means to rationalize usage* Check out the warning lable. It will state a "caution" warning. Chemicals will be classified in three basic catagories: 'Caution', 'warning' and 'danger'. 'Danger', of course, would signal the most dangerous chemicals and 'caution' the least caustic. Raid carries a 'caution' lable. Toothpaste carries a 'warning' lable and we put it in our mouths daily. How's that for nuts?

The truth is that pyrethrin oxydizes very quickly. That means it don't last long, i.e. you see a line of ants marching down a wall. You spray a line of Raid across their path and now they are 'cut off'. Come back in an hour and they are marching that same line like you never sprayed there to begin with. When pyrethrin hits oxygen it begins to oxydize and dry. Once this has happened the pyrethrin becomes completely inert. Completely.
Chemical companies try many tricks to fool consumers into thinking that their chemicals are much stronger than they are. This is a money making ploy. They might 'scent' the chemical (like propane) or put it in an oil base or a clay base. This does little more than help the chemical spread and stick. Sometimes you will run into a chemical that is advertised as "micro-incapsulated". This is slightly better in terms of staying power, but probably won't find that in any raid product. Raid and similar products claim they will be affective for 2 or more weeks. This is a complete lie. Products such as RID (what we would put on a childs head to fight lice) and bug bombs use this exact same chemical. Pyrethrins. Could you imagine what a mess a bug bomb would be if the chemical lasted for weeks? Sheesh! Luckily, you set off a bug bomb, wait a few hours and all is safe. Sure it still smells a bit and sure there is a residue. This is due only to oils used for stickers and added scent, not the horrible chemical itself.

A good example and food for thought: Glyphosate and paraquat. Everyone knows paraquat, right? It's gramoxone or, better yet, agent orange. It carries a 'danger' warning. Guess what that means? Ok, it means if you took a mouthful you are toast, dead and done for, period. No coming back. Wouldn't wanna drink that, right?

How about glyphosate, more commonly known as 'round-up'? The systemic herbicide that works from the roots up and kills stuff dead? Would you drink that? Ok, for ten bucks I will;) Shocked? Relax, that's merely a chemical based social stigma (Hehehe, sound familiar??). You could drink round-up by the gallon and it will do little more to you than make you crap your pants. And only then because it is an oil base. By the way, it carries a 'caution' warning.

By the way.. Bleach? 'Danger'. Charcoal lighter fluid? 'Danger'. Pinesol? 'Warning'. Cigarettes? 'Warning'. Raid? 'Caution'. Pledge furniture polish? 'Caution'. Cal-Mag? 'Caution'.

Ok, so I prefer to not use chemicals on my smoke or food. I am not preaching for Raid or anybody else, I prefer organics myself but I am also more than certain that Raid is not the cause of odd reactions to smoking weed. Thanks. Done.

I have had the same problems every now and then I just chalked it up to stress and panic attacks as I have them anyway. Even when I'm strait . and to me they seem to be the same thing or real damn close I know how it scares ya been there! and the only times I had it happen is when I had a bad day lots of crap laid on your back. just take lighter hits and wait and see it's easy to add then to try to remove ,it's not like alcohol where you can puke it out but it is much better you might try a vaporizer it's a lot cleaner and better for you, and for me it's the only way to use it the best I've found good luck

I actually just registered to this website to research if anyone else has experienced this problem. ive done extensive online research. and all i have come up with is panic attacks/anxiety. which is a side affect of marijuana from extensive use. i noticed after a while when i would get really high that i felt sort of floaty. almost disconnected from my body. then one day i smoked a dro blunt before i got a hair cut. and during my hair cut. it hit me. i felt extremely uncomfortable. sweaty palms heart was racing. it was a panic attack. you feel as though you know whats going on. you can still hear and feel and all your senses are fine. just for some odd reason you feel as if you are having an out of body experience. and it is extremely unpleasant. i tried smoking again an couple of days later. and the same thing happened. the only problem now is that i still dont feel as if im 100% normal after having these panic attacks. does anyone else still not feel normal..? or does it go away after a while. because to be quite honest. i am willing to slow down with marijuana. but i would like to smoke on occasion at some point in time. but right now i'm super hesitant to smoke because i feel as if im going to instantly have a panic attack.

Latest posts

Back