Emergency! Strange reaction to smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young Jay, I have no idea. Off the top of my head I would say it may be an anxiety attack (or something along those lines).

Or it may be a reaction to smoking too much pot too fast.
I've heard some people mention having a "white out", they like go into a daze where their vision fades and everything is white. It happens when they smoke too much too soon.
That's never happened to me, knock on wood.

What I'd suggest is 1st:
-Get a physical. You may have or are developing something serious, totally unrealted to pot.
-Secondly, next time you smoke, don't smoke so much--maybe just 1/4 of what you smoked the last time you had such a bad reaction.
-A fast heart beat is often caused by taking deep breaths. Try smaller hits.
And don't hold the smoke in as long as you have in the past.

OK I just spent like 20 minutes writing out all kinds of crap about what this could be and how to avoid it and for some reason i was logged out and lost it all.

But bassicly try and stay away from alcohol and stop smoking weed for a bit. Also to increase the health of your brain and to prevent this from happening again stop ingesting any food products with these things in them: Floride (a bi-product of the alluminum manufacturing process- im not kidding this shit is bassicly poison) MSG (monosodium-glutemate] found in a whole crap load of foods on the store shelves), Aspartame/Splena (this is so bad the air force wont allow pilots to fly if they have ingested it within 3 days) and chlorine.

So you all need to get badass water filters and read the damn labels when you buy food. I had epilepsy for most of my life. I took these things out of my diet and guess what went away also...thats right my epilepsy.

I reccomend buying a Berkey Water Filter from New Millenium Concepts. This is the best water filter out there. You can filter stagnant pond water and turn it into good drinking water. I also recomend getting a shower filter. Since chlorine and floride are inhaled when tacking a hot shower.

dude, are you guys all KIDDING ME? weed does not do that shit to you unless one reason, youra *****. and your an amateur. and yo uguys who say youve been smoking for 3 years, like the first guy who started this post and the kid who said his frineds were laughing at him , haha its bc your a ***** and it was prolly ur first time smoking. RESOLVED

Maybe you dont understand... people who have been smoking for 40 years probably and weed 20x your weight posted on here. Shit happens.

well i am no more a ***** than gangstablack420 is intelligant

having strang reactions to chemical ingestion does not make you a *****. But I doubt it was the weed that did it. Just set it off.

But to call someone a ***** and believe your a tough guy cuz you can smoke weed....well it bassicly surprises me that you have the intelligance to actually turn on your computer.

lol, actually i know alot about computers, and am a pretty intelligent person, its just everytime ive heard anything like that, is some first timers who freak out cuz they cant handle it.

Thats nice leave your intelligence to the computer work, let the older dudes take care of this. Thx :D

For just an intelligent answer. There are cases that People with Epilepsy cannot smoke dope. It will (I have seen it) cause a seizure in a minute part of population. This is fact. It might not be the THC but there are other by-products in weed when smoked. It has something to do with the reaction to Epilepsy.

Everyone has a different genetic make-up. Everyone is affected by a chemicals differently. Just because there is no evidence that someone can be allergic to weed, does not mean that they can't be. Now before making an answer try doing research on human anatomy before becoming insultive and abusive as it is not appreciated by anyone here.

try www.mayoclinic.com or www.erowid.com or

for someone like you this guy would be your role model GangstaBlack read this link. you probably fit right in here.

Crime Library: Marquee De Sade

thought I would throw an insult back for the new guy. This is coming from a dude that has been smoking and shroomin for the past 15 years. but unlike you Gangstawannabe. I do have an electronic engineering degree.

Young Jay This has happened to alot of us.. Sometimes like mutt said it could be because of a serious problem, other times like many others have said smoking too much too fast.

The reason Vitamin C is one of the keys as someone mentioned can't remember who sorry, is because your high is using all your nutes and vitimins and also in most cases causing slight dehydration.. (sorry if thats spelled wrong)

Did you eat before you started smoking during the day, I know when i haven't eaten much during the day i get these kinda problems.. sometimes it gets so bad i'm caused to throw-up.... Did you smoke a cigarette after you were hittin the bong or pipe? Sometimes you'll suck in way to much of the cigarette smoke, cos your lungs have opened up and i tell you what taking to big of hits on cigarettes can make you so ill it's not funny.

Or perhaps like other people said it's your time to quit... or lay off the herb for a while, until you can once again not feel this way.

Your reoccuring problems may also be cause by Fear that it's going to happen again, remember marijuana affects the brain and how your thought patterns are, you could just be freaking yourself out..

Just some food for Thought :)

Another side note -

Drinking orange juice will probably not help if you already have an upset stomach because it contains plenty of acids, try taking vitiman c pills I believe you can get them at any grocery store.

Yeah, stop smoking for a few nights.. Preferably 3 days or 2 nights. Not a single hit, no tokes, no nothing. Then take good few slow hits and see how your body reacts to that..

I passed out once while taking a knife hit of really, really strong hash. Anything can happen when you replace your oxygen with something else, especially high quality smoke. Pot is both a stimulant and a depressant so it can do a lot of crazy things to your body. The reaction your taking about occurs when let air into you esophogus along with your trichea and lungs. You may feel a lil quezy but most time that doesn't happen. Usually you just burp up smoke about 10 mins after you smoke. Sometimes though, if the pot is very acrid, you may puke. This happens a lot on gravity bong hits and shotguns cause they force a lot of air in. If your heart isn't racing after a good g-bong hit, you didn't do it right. Just take it easy till your sure you wont feel shitty. No point in smoking pot if you dont enjoy it.

And gangsta black, this shit happens all the time. I guarantee you this kid isnt lying when he say he's smoked for 3 years. Why would he lie? Nobody would be able to helpp him if we didnt have proper information. This happens to someone within my inner circle once every few nights when we're doing g-bongs and my shoutgun cannon. I guarantee you would cough your ass off for 1/2 an hour if you tried to hang with any really smokers so dont chime in to insult a guy asking for help. There's no reason to be an ass.

Sounds like what we used to call a head rush. A combonation of oxygen depravation, THC intake and when the head rush starts, it freaks out some people causing them to have a panic attack.

To prevent it, just take a toke and relax. Wait a minute or two before you take another. With todays weed, you shouldn't need to smoke an entire J. Get high, not stupid.

I've been smoking 40 years and those symptoms have happened to me a few times that intense but mostly less intense, but same symptoms. I would say lower your intake, smoke less each time. But you may be allergic to pot, I know some people that are. Nothing you can do about that except don't smoke.

Speaking of allergic reactions. I don't have any allergys but the last few years some of these potent strains will cause me to sneeze 10 or 15 times in ten minutes. Like I can feel the pollen up in my nose. I think I'm becoming desensitized. awwwwshit! awwwwshit! awwwwshit!

alaskabud said:
Speaking of allergic reactions. I don't have any allergys but the last few years some of these potent strains will cause me to sneeze 10 or 15 times in ten minutes. Like I can feel the pollen up in my nose. I think I'm becoming desensitized. awwwwshit! awwwwshit! awwwwshit!
If you're getting pollen up you nose, you're sniffin male plants man. Quit that shit, it'll make you grow seeds.

well it has to do with the thc in the plant or you just had a low tolerance that day everything you have discribed is just a side effect of weed like one of the people said we have all have puked at one point or got the spins. its just a side effect no need to worry look into it.what you had was a panic attack. they feel like heart attacks weed causes them there not deadly its just your body freakin out you have no control i get them all the time its one of the reasons i smoke weed. i get that feeling anytime im around people i dont know or not comfortable with i smoke and it goes away so for you. you had the reverse effect it will give you the side effects but even if you read into it thats in few cases. we all have gone threw this your not dieing your fine man you can smoke as much as you want in a lil takes away for the body to relize its fine

same thing happened to my cousin, one time he was really loopy and passed out. each day whenever he smoked he would get these weird reactions, we didn't understand because he has been smoking since he was 15. we took him to the college campus hosipital and it turned out he had THC poisoning(sp?). had to quit smoking for a long while. but he is back in the game now!

Latest posts

Back