Emergency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you make your cut dip it in rooting gel immediately. I stopped putting mine in a glass of water, it seems the gel doesn't stick as well. Air getting in the stem should/would only really happen if the mother you cut is low on water(think water pressure in the plant) as long as the mother is watered you shouldn't have any issues since the cut portion will cause the fluids in the cutting to drain out versus air pushing in.

well its been two days now and They all look pretty bad. . .
It said the jack 47 was supposed to take to cutting really well hmmmm...
Two of them actually are standing toward the light but there leaves are really droopy the other two still have therer heads bent way over not reaching for the light?

Any tips on around when to figure out there not gonna root?
If its not gonna work out I want to try and take some more, I'll try the underwater next time because something here is obviously smashing my sucess rate.

yes'm i been misting them about three times a day. do they normally look really bad on the third day?

No, not necessarily. I think that maybe you should be starting a few more clones. However, I do not give up until they are for sure dead.

oh man :( I just dont know what went wrong I guess I need to put them in a warmer spot or something there in my verg room but at night it gets down to around 70 in there so. . .

I guess ill try and take some more i really hope i can figure this out :( My whole plan is based around this procedure :(

Lemon Jack said:
oh man :( I just dont know what went wrong I guess I need to put them in a warmer spot or something there in my verg room but at night it gets down to around 70 in there so. . .

I guess ill try and take some more i really hope i can figure this out :( My whole plan is based around this procedure :(

I generally believe that someone has an air embolism if their clones wilt and die quickly. If they were in temps of 70, well that is a little low also. I give all my vegging plants and clones 24/7 light. What is your EXACTY procedure when taking a clone?

Why aren't you running your vegging lights 24/7?

My lights are running 24/0 but at night when the hps in the neighboring room shuts off my veg room cools down too.

My method to the T was as follows:

first I found my branch about 4 in
I soaked my rw cubes with distilled water
i then took my branch left the two very top leave and trimmed the two below them
I then went right below those cuts about a 1/2 in. and snipped the whole branch away from the stem on a 45 degree angle then I rapidly stuck them in my clone gel swooshed them around good and stuck them in the rw cubes till they felt snug.
then put them in my makeshift humidity dome misted them and the dome good and no here i sit with 4 dying clones :(

Rosebud said:
You will be able to do it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement rosebud

But it seems awfully daunting. . .I thought I did it all right and now . . well now. . .:(

I'm awfully discouraged.

Lemon Jack said:
My lights are running 24/0 but at night when the hps in the neighboring room shuts off my veg room cools down too.

My method to the T was as follows:

first I found my branch about 4 in
I soaked my rw cubes with distilled water
i then took my branch left the two very top leave and trimmed the two below them
I then went right below those cuts about a 1/2 in. and snipped the whole branch away from the stem on a 45 degree angle then I rapidly stuck them in my clone gel swooshed them around good and stuck them in the rw cubes till they felt snug.
then put them in my makeshift humidity dome misted them and the dome good and no here i sit with 4 dying clones :(

You did it like I do except I dont use a dome or mist. my temps are 75 -85 deg with a ave humidity of 50%

What did you use to "snip" at the 45 deg angle? I always use a new razor blade so I dont crush the stem.

What did you put the rockwool cubes in? I just use a plastic pan.
The first few days I keep my cubes pretty soaked but then you need to reduce that or they just dont root in soaked cubes.

I have seen my clones wilt right after but perk back up in 24 hours, all that do will live if any do not then they have an air embolism.

I used and every day pair of scissors could this have been my problem? maybe
actually they were the childrens size ones too is this what possibly killed me :(

If you squished the end and didn't have a clean cut, yes, that wouldn't be good, then you would have the air bubble that THG was talking about. Lots of people use razor blades, I have sharp sissors. It can take some practice to get cloning down but you did a lot right and you will get it. They do like to be warm, i keep mine under the veg lights but in the darkest part if that makes sense. I shade them for a few days. Not dark, just shade. Hang in.

Alright we

im going to get some razors when i get off then ill take a few more and im going to bring them downstairsrs and put them in my closet under a cfl where it will be warmer and hopefully a little more humid

You guys have been so much help and you better believe if it doesnt go according to plan again youll be hearin from me in a day or 2 lol.I gotta get this down

I have to go to work right now, but rockwool needs to be soaked in water that is about 5.5 pH.

alright so ill soak it too
sucks about wok but i beenat work all day lol

Im going to try again when im off though i really hope I end up wit better results
any other tips are greatly appreciated

All right guys. So heres whats up.

I got home from work checked my clones there really bad.
So I decided to take some more. This time i got my razor blade and a tub of distilled water and headed up the steps. . . . .

So I took 4 more 2 from my Jack 47 and 2 from my lemon skunk. I left the 2 top branches cut the next two then below that cut the stem from the plant with my razor. I them immediately put it into a bowl of distilled water then proceeded to cut it again under water :)

So after I took the cut under water, I (as quickly as I could) stuck in into the rooting gel swooshed it around made sure it had some on there then stuck it down in the rockwool cube till it felt snug.

I then brought them downstairs (and turned my tray around so now I dont know which is which lol) Put them under 2 26 watt cfls under a cake pan lid. with vents cut in the sides I misted them and the dome really well.

Fingers crossed on this one I really hope these work out.

The greenest of mojo to you Lemon. this one will work..i just know it.

Latest posts

Back