Emergency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I know its only been a couple hours but they all look just like they did the first time :( Im so stressed out about it I just dont know whats going wrong. Every one of them is bent way over drooping bad GRRRRRRR im pullin my hair out here I just dont know what Im doing wrong

lemon jack i think you need to:48: & chill! read all the stickies and start over when ur calm:ccc: you seem to be cutting how thg told you. i use seaweed juice instead of water to put clones in after the cut. i leave em in there 30 min. then i dip in gel rooting hormone, then right into moist not dripping wet, potting soil. i stick mine in a dome tray with a heating mat set @ 79 degs. once a day i open the dome to give it new fresh air. mine wilt for maybe 12-24 hrs then fine. i use clear cups put inside of a colored cup, so i can lift the clear cup out to see how wet the dirt is & watch the roots grow. from the first site, the roots triple in size, in just 2 days. i only mist my clones with seaweed juice 2 times a day till i see roots then mist the soil to keep it damp. good luck and read, read , read. pics would help us alot

I have reas all the stickiesa ten times watched videos i just dont kno what i could be doing wrong i just went and checked and my new 4 are all dead looking they are really bad :( I did everything i just dont understand why they wont take

Well I think Im just gonna start taking them one at a time. Till I figure out how to not kill them immediately so I dont waste all my shoots.

I just took one more and tried to be perfect with it.I trimmed all the leaves around the edges really got it in the rw good but who know Ill keep my fingers crossed.

I think I may have been taking them a little too big maybe. . . I think it was just the weight of the leaves pulling the stalk over Thats what i hope anyways. I trimmed all my old ones too. Well out of my first 4. 3 of them are shriveled up and more or less dead. but there is one in there that is still green and not dry and shrivled it even looks like its making an attempt for the light. . . .could this be a sign of life? Oh boy I hopes so.

Lemon Jack said:
All right guys. So heres whats up.

I got home from work checked my clones there really bad.
So I decided to take some more. This time i got my razor blade and a tub of distilled water and headed up the steps. . . . .

So I took 4 more 2 from my Jack 47 and 2 from my lemon skunk. I left the 2 top branches cut the next two then below that cut the stem from the plant with my razor. I them immediately put it into a bowl of distilled water then proceeded to cut it again under water :)

So after I took the cut under water, I (as quickly as I could) stuck in into the rooting gel swooshed it around made sure it had some on there then stuck it down in the rockwool cube till it felt snug.

I then brought them downstairs (and turned my tray around so now I dont know which is which lol) Put them under 2 26 watt cfls under a cake pan lid. with vents cut in the sides I misted them and the dome really well.

Fingers crossed on this one I really hope these work out.

Okay, first of all, rockwool really should be soaked in water pH'd to 5.5 as they are quite alkaline. Soaked as in several hours. Next, when you cut the stem underwater, let it sit there for a minute or so. You want to give the plant enough time to uptake some water. This is the purpose of cutting underwater. Then put it into the cloning gel. I make a hole all the way through the rockwool cube with a wooden skewer for the stem of the clone and push it through to the bottom of the cube. Get something plastic that lets light through (is the cake pan metal?) as your humidity dome--I like large tupperware containers.

You may want to try a bubble cloner--they are quite easy and inexpensive to make. What sized clones are you taking? If you could rustle up a camera somewhere, pics would probably really help. Clones should not be dying off immediately, IMO.

Well these were soaked in ph adjusted water as you told me for around 4 hours.
I was thinking of just going with a bubble cloner if these dont work out. How do you keep from getting an air embolism in a cloner tho if the stem sits suspended in the air?

And ya the cake pan is metal so i took the lid off it and sat it over my jifft tray but it doesnt really make it very humid.

With the very last one I took its only been about an hour but it is still as strong as it ever was I know this means nothing its been an hour lol...but with my other after just an hour they were already drooping so maybe this is a good sign I did feel more confident about it as i have done nothing but study for the past 4 days lol

hey Lemon, i just saw this and thought i would share with you. This is a top i took off a plant a couple weeks ago and just put it in this water on my window sill. Here it is. Look it is starting to root. It doesn't have to be so hard.

DSCF1108.JPG

DSCF1111.JPG

Best luck lemon jack. Never done clones (but will in a near future ) so no can help.

:48:

Well good luck to you bho I hope yours gosbettere THAN MINE hOPEFULLY SOME OF MINE TAKE'

Lol sorry for that above post coors light had me kinda wobbly lol.

well my clones are starting to look better I got six and need and about 4 of them are looking pretty good I honestly think I was just taking my clones a little to big but who knows any hoo time for a bong rip

:bong2:

All right guys heres a quick update my six clones still look alive and standing toward the light i took them thursday so its been 5 days I have noticed a few of the leaf tips are starting to turn brown 2 of them are wilting one kinda bad the other one not so much.

So I guess I should start seeing roots in a couple days maybe? I sure hope so this was stressful lol but it seems like its going now well we will see.

the more you stress, the more the plants stress! chill out and let nature take its course. yup they are sounding good.the older leaves yellowing is a sign of the roots growing in most cases. sometimes not but if they are standing up then u should be ok. more like 10-15 days for roots unless u have a bubble cloner. read and learn while wait & try yoga lol

Ya I relaxed alot when they all stood back up lol Im feeling good bout them just kinda wonderin bout the timeline. Thanks for all the help everyone. I do feel much more confident about cloning now. I thought I learded it all by reading, but there is no way to learn with out hands on experience.

Lemon Jack said:
... i took them thursday so its been 5 days I have noticed a few of the leaf tips are starting to turn brown 2 of them are wilting one kinda bad the other one not so much.

So I guess I should start seeing roots in a couple days maybe?

No, most likely not a couple of days. It generally takes 10-14 days for the clones to start rooting and then it will take some time before they grow through the rockwool. It may well be over 2 weeks before you see roots growing through the rockwool. I often see new growth on the clone before I see the roots out of the medium.

Latest posts

Back