Emergency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hey guys I just took my clones earlier today when I just went and looked at them they all look TERRIBLE there all bent over completely. The leaves look terrible :( Im worried about them I dont want to lose them all.

My makeshift humidity dome didnt work out. I used a cake pan lid over a old jiffy peat pellet tray It didnt fit good and when I went and looked their was no condensation at all on the lid :(

Can I just use the cake pan it will get a better seal. But its kinda reflective would it work though Thanks for the help. This is kinda an urgent matter so . . . . Thanks

Most clones bend over at first, they should right themselves back up soon. ime

They are in rw cubes its wet. I dipped them in clonex.

It just kinda freaked me out this is my first time taking clones. I came back and they were all bent over and the leaves were curling up. :(

I was just worried cause it seemed like it wasnt very humid at all inside. . . .

check temp if curling up real bad

I bet they will be ok. clones start good, then look bad, then better, then really bad, then they root in my experience. Good green clone mojo coming your way Lemon.

My temps are right at 80

I hope so. . .
I took them about 2 hours ago.

sooo what about the cake pan?

Could you make a dome that fit better out of wood sticks and saran wrap maybe? i made one and it worked fine for moisture.Or am i mis-understanding your set-up?

I don't dome mine, I spritz um every once in a while if they look dry.

Oh really I thought the dome was a necessary part to it.
Well. . . . that makes me feel better.
Thanks alot for the speedy help even if it was my own silly fret:eek:
Oh well . . .
:48:
I'll keep you guys posted I took 4 from my Jack 47. I only need 2 but I took the extras cause like I said its my first time. So I'll keep my fingers crossed about when should they start to perk up a little?

There is no silly fret in the land of growing dank. This is important stuff.;) ;)

I cut the tops off 2 litter coke bottles and use those for domes on my clones when I hve them in solo cups...even 20 ounce bottles work if the clones are small enough. I spritz the inside of the bottle daily. The clones stay upright while domed but wilt when I remove the dome so I leave it on for a Cpl days and then ween them off the domes.

Did you do the final cut underwater? If they are wilted bad this quickly, I would suspect an air embolism. I have very little problem with clones wilting.

I use a dome since I live in a very arid place, but my makeshift dome does not fit tight either--I don't want it too. I believe they need to breathe.

You might want to think about making a small bubbler.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Wow, THG thats' neat. Your cloner that is..., i love seeing the way other ppl do things. Those 'rolls' in the holes, do they just hold the plant still and the cut end is open sticking out, and roots grow just like that?? I'm assuming theres' a bubbler or sprinkler or something to feed and encourage roots underneath supplying water or food. And then when they are ready , you just un-roll them and plant? If so that is the easiest setup i've seen yet ( i'm still new to this )
i don't have trouble cloning, or not yet but this is far easier than my way.
and i don't mean to come off as sooo amazed by everything but that rolled up ??foam?? is a really neat idea.
Also i just realized i'm using your thread for my own info, Sorry bout that Lemon Jack

No I didn't do it under water :( I didnt know that was neccesarry Ahh man are they ruined this sucks. Their not really wilted well one is but ther just humkered over alot.
Man this is stressful lol.
Well its been a day and I just misted them again. One of them is kinda standing to attention two of them are hunkered over (well three but one is kinda really bad the leave on it are curling :(

Dont worry bout it solanero its all good
:48:

They can get an air embolism if a final cut is not done underwater. Although this does not always happen, if it does, it prevents the clone from uptaking water. At this point, keep misting and see if they come out of it.

I got that tote with all the holes cut like that at a yard sale--it just looked like a cloner to me. The rolled up stuff is thin foam called sill sea--I cut it to the size I needed. It is generally used as a layer between the concrete foundation and wood footers on new construction. Its whole purpose it to hold the stems of the clones. There are 4 small airstones making things bubble. The back 8 clones were taken from plants that were about 3 weeks into 12/12.

Don't fret too much bro. They will most likely be fine. I know THG will smack me around for this but I never cut mine underwater, and I don't sterilize my knife and I get 80-100% success :hitchair:

I know its better to do as THG says :eek: cuz she is right, but I am slack about doing things the right way. So far I haven't been punished for it by the MJ grow gods.

Don't get too excited and overkill them trying to save them. You said that you dipped them in Clonex. Did you mean "clone gel" or actual "Clonex". That could make a difference here in the odds of success. They should be dipped in "cloning Gel" and then you can "feed" them with clonex solution when watering.

I am not sure how much cloning hormone Clonex has in it...Goddess help me out here, I am sure you know.:)

That seems like it would be really hard to do on the top branches :(

Well two of them have actually started standing back toward the light the other two however still look really bad I only need two but still i would like to get all 4

Lemon Jack said:
That seems like it would be really hard to do on the top branches :(

Well two of them have actually started standing back toward the light the other two however still look really bad I only need two but still i would like to get all 4

I think we haven't explained it well enough....

Go ahead and cut a good size clone, larger than you want and put into a glass of water immediately. Then, fill a sink or something with water, immerse the end of the clone and make a 45 degree cut under water. I let the cut end sit in the water for a second or two. Then into cloning gel (or whatever) and into your medium or cloner.

Psssst--Hushpuppy--I don't sterilize by razor blade either, but don't tell anyone.

Latest posts

Back