Empire Builder soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black805

Reaction score
Hey y'all, has any one tried or heard of this Empire Builder soil? I'd like to try organic growing. I'm currently use FFOF with Botanicare nute line. I was about to try Subcools super soil but at $16.00 ish a bag I didn't think I could mix his up for any cheaper than that. EB doesnt seem quite as hot. Thoughts?
Thanks
INGREDIENTS

Empire Builder Producers Blend contains generous amounts of perfectly mineral balanced and microbe enhanced ingredients:
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Available Phosphate (P2O5): 0.07%
Soluble Potash (K2O): 0.52%
Derived from rock phosphate, potassium sulfate.
ALSO CONTAINS NONPLANT FOOD INGREDIENT:
0.6% Humic acid from lignite.
SOIL AMENDING INGREDIENTS: Coco Coir, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Composted Forest Humus, Worm Castings, Coco Chips, Lava Rock, Pumice, Perlite, Gypsum, langbeinite, sea bird and bat guano, fish bonemeal, feather meal, bonemeal, limestone, greensand, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, glacial rock dust, azomite, soybean meal, and rice bran

That sounds like some good soil to me, but I am not the most experienced organics grower. I am growing a few in organics right now and have found that "compost tea" is really great to use after the plants have been in the soil for a while. The plants take off hard and fast and use up the nutrients faster than the microbes can chelate new nutes from the soil. Either get some "Mychorrizae" to add to your mix or get some active compost material and make yourself some "tea" for them as they get going. :)

I would add some perlite.
This will help with getting air to the roots and compaction

Latest posts

Back