End of week 1 in bloom (I have no idea what I'm doing lol)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNukeHead

Reaction score
This my first grow so take it easy on me please! Master Kush "Madam" on the left Pineapple Chunk "Chunk" on the right. Not sure if it's just the strain or if I just suck at this but Chunk was the first to sprout and Madam has out grown her by quite a bit. Both were fed the same nutes and trained at the same time. I did just lollipop them before I flipped them so they are thinned out looking. How much more do you think they will actually grow? Do I need to go straight water with them at this point? Am I doing this all wrong?(most likely) :)
IMG_20210715_081219083.jpg
IMG_20210715_081419728_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210715_081431193_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210715_092937223.jpg

I will say I'm pretty sure I topped them to early so they didn't get as tall as would have liked.
Sort of depends what your after when you top. Myself, for my purposes I wait. The old view I was taught was top after the third leaf set, and so on how ever many times. Nowadays, if I wanted a third leaf set cut, ( I don't, all that and more will evetually be cut away) I wait until say the 6th set then cut down to where you want. I usually want it to be higher than that, as the third set and any shoots from there will be removed, but you need some height first, or I "remove" the whole frigging plant!

Doing it a little later, the plant has a much better root system than it had at the third set, and a much fatter stalk, which bulks up more after the cut. This also results in big, large stalk that are going to bear colas. Bigger this stem is, the bigger colas will be, and your now knarly fat stalks and stems can bear that weight.

Bubba

Sort of depends what your after when you top. Myself, for my purposes I wait. The old view I was taught was top after the third leaf set, and so on how ever many times. Nowadays, if I wanted a third leaf set cut, ( I don't, all that and more will evetually be cut away) I wait until say the 6th set then cut down to where you want. I usually want it to be higher than that, as the third set and any shoots from there will be removed, but you need some height first, or I "remove" the whole frigging plant!

Doing it a little later, the plant has a much better root system than it had at the third set, and a much fatter stalk, which bulks up more after the cut. This also results in big, large stalk that are going to bear colas. Bigger this stem is, the bigger colas will be, and your now knarly fat stalks and stems can bear that weight.

Bubba
I am noticing in the last couple day they have grown a bit taller. They are still stretching but they will never get to the height I wanted. Thank you for the advance my friend.

Are those 3 gallon pots? I’m approaching week 9 of flower!!
Those are 5 gal But I just got bought 3 gallon for my autos I'm getting ready to start. Do you know anything about Mother Earths soil with coco and perlite? That's what I'm waiting on to start the new grow. From the very little I know it sounded good so I thought I would try it.

I am noticing in the last couple day they have grown a bit taller. They are still stretching but they will never get to the height I wanted. Thank you for the advance my friend.
By time stretch is done, they usually double in height from when flower starts.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back