Enough Light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ20

Super Sativa
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm running a 400W HPS in a 4x2ft closet=8sq.ft.
I'm guessing this is enough for one plant, most of the closet is painted white also.What bothers me is the light distance; my light is about 4 feet from my plant.Would it help if it was about 2 feet closer?Better growth?My light is pretty much stationary though.....Thoughts, comments?...

GET THAT female as close to the light w/o burning it. less lumen falloff the better. Just put your hand under the light at a distance that isn't burning your hand and that'll be the sweet spot. Use a cpl milk crates/boxes, other pots, etc. or w/e u can to boost it up to closer...

:peace:,

7ge:p

You need at least 5000 lumens per sqr foot for flowering and I believe most 400w HPS put out 50-55,000 lumens so you shld be good there. Use the back of your hand as a guide on how close you can get your light to your plant. If it is too hot on the back of your hand it is too hot for your plant. Jmo

Yup what these pilgrem be leadin yual down right trail. Closer the better and will make less stretch too! Happy cookin partner.

BWD

Thx guys..changed up things a bit to get it closer..the shorter the time and plant, the better for me!

MJ20 said:
Thx guys..changed up things a bit to get it closer..the shorter the time and plant, the better for me!

Not sure movin light goin to shorten "time" but yur on the right trail now. Cant rush perfection or mother nature for that matter. Glad yur extra knowledged now friend.

And the knowledge was well received :)..i really hope I can flip the lights in a mths time n have the height I want

i see everyone has done you right...
if you end up wanting to run a couple more.. you will wanna grab another 400w. i use to grow in a 2x4 tent and though the 400w did awsome.. better then i expected thats for sure.. having growth wall to wall i found the ends to be a lil under lit...
LH

Latest posts

Back