Enough to make a grown man cry (well almost)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatplants

Reaction score
Hi

typical ..first post past my introduction and it happens to be a problem :(

:holysheep:

had some workman round that needed to get close to my crop,sadly i was rebounding light from a window using a mirror and the cat knocked the mirror over and snapped/bent 2 of my plants pretty bad :holysheep:

There about 2 inches above the lowest double leaf stem , Im around most of today and tommorow and look forward to any suggestion.. first thoughts were to cuddle them and ask for forginess,second was to weep like a child and go shoot the cat

Any suggestions

Just tape them up,splint with a toothpick or similar item and they'll be fine.

If the bend hasn't totally severed the stem,even if its badly damaged,with a bit of deft handiwork and tape they'll heal and continue to finish as if it never happened.You'll just have a kind of 'knuckle' form at the point of the bend/break.

mine like your picture looks like someone wipped it with a stick(bent but not snapped through)

the straw and tape sounds perfect,i was thinking of cropping at the bend and hoping that the root ball would support the lower and use the top as a clone, But seeing as thee havent been sexed yet i may being creating more males..

Did you post a pick of yours healed,i did look but the workman keep asking for stuff and im being ultra carefull with pictures

Edit,,,scrub that last question,asked first and looked second as usual... that looks perfect and i'll be more than happy if i can achieve the same...

Cheers

Just tape it up, or use a straw like Hippy suggested. I've broken plants before, and even mangled them, yet they still keep on growing.

Just tape the stem and get rid of that mirror.
A mirror does not reflect the good light that you need, it is a waste.
Get some mylar, panda film or flat white paint. You will see a major difference.

Rockster said:
Just tape them up,splint with a toothpick or similar item and they'll be fine.

If the bend hasn't totally severed the stem,even if its badly damaged,with a bit of deft handiwork and tape they'll heal and continue to finish as if it never happened.You'll just have a kind of 'knuckle' form at the point of the bend/break.

Right-o. They will be stronger for it. I like to cut a length of plastic drinking straw to the right size and split it up the side, then wrap it around the affected stem. Makes a great splint. I squeeze all my young'uns just to make them stronger--they will be fine if their heads wernt cut off.

Lass

pcduck said:
Just tape the stem and get rid of that mirror.
A mirror does not reflect the good light that you need, it is a waste.
Get some mylar, panda film or flat white paint. You will see a major difference.

:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back