Entering a new Realm!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
My first venture into autos. Made my first seed bank purchase of Autos. Haven't tried theses before, and how can I call myself a seasoned grower without giving theses a go..I have 50 seeds various strains, doing these four first to get the atmosphere dialed in then I'll put in the rest..for now here's the two strains in germ.
They'll be growing in 3gal pots with 2 liter soda bottles on top...3gal pot & 2 liter will be filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. The two liter on top is to ensure they get the tap root length it requires and the 3gal of course is to allow for the width needed and obviously more depth....growing under 12--4foot t-8's..(I have the 1000w hps if needed once budding begins...my plan is to run the t-8's the entire grow to see how the respond...5x5x7 tent...I'll keep y'all posted.

View attachment image.jpg

well hey, i will be glad to hear your thoughts on autos. I have only grown them once.. Green mojo... you will rock it like you do.

every part of the plan above sounds good.... only thing you didn't mention was light schedule.... 20/4 is def where ive had my best results with autos... GL with the grow :48:

well hey, i will be glad to hear your thoughts on autos. I have only grown them once.. Green mojo... you will rock it like you do.

Thanks Rose...I'm looking forward to the journey....stay tuned..

every part of the plan above sounds good.... only thing you didn't mention was light schedule.... 20/4 is def where ive had my best results with autos... GL with the grow :48:

That's the schedule (20-4) the breeder recommends and the one I'll be using..thanks for adding that!

A thought about growing auto`s.
Why not grow auto`s right along with photo period plants ?
Reasoning :
Auto`s need no set lighting period and will flower regardless.
While the photo period plants are vegging, the auto`s are flowering.
Harvest the auto`s while the photo`s are continue growing.
Sounds good to me.
Your thoughts ?

A thought about growing auto`s.
Why not grow auto`s right along with photo period plants ?
Reasoning :
Auto`s need no set lighting period and will flower regardless.
While the photo period plants are vegging, the auto`s are flowering.
Harvest the auto`s while the photo`s are continue growing.
Sounds good to me.
Your thoughts ?

I personally am not a big fan of autos, but I tell new growers a lot of the time to do this so they will have some smoke while the photoperiod plants are flowering. Most autos actually go longer than photoperiod plants need to veg, so unless you have separate rooms, this could be a bit of a problem, but if you have plenty of room in your vegging space it is sure doable.

I've only grown autos up til now, and I was a bit unimpressed with their potency.
Now I'm trying photoperiods and I hope that there is an improvement in potency.
If not, I may return to autos as they are easy to grow.

I ran Auto's for fun once. It was a good experience overall. I ran 30 on 2 flood tables with 2 600's over each table 24 on and averaged a ounce plus on each. I learned so much it was great.

Good grow experience man go for it.

Good luck Buddog :) I am just ffinishing up my first experience with autos. Berrybomb auto. I am pleased with the results. Not the most potent but given the length of time (12weeks from seed germ) they yielded pretty decent.

I have always heard that you shouldn't top or train autos but I Fimmed mine and tied them down. I also ran them under 24hrs of light until they began to show fflowering and fed them heavy. Then I switched the light cycle to 19hrs on and 5hrs off. But I did an experiment to see what would happen. I split up the off period so that they would cut off for an hour then come on for an hour, and continue this off/on every hour for the 5hrs of off time. They seem to have done quite well and that was through the heat of the summer where they rarely saw temps under 80f. I hope you have as good an experience :)

My previous post was me thinking out loud. I`ve only grown auto`s one time, 2 strains. Yield was OK. Potency was on a par with photo`s I`ve grown. Thought then was that with a little more time and effort you would get more yield from photo`s. Second thought was to grow them together. It`s do able, but....can see where problems could arise.

Thanks for replies...I've been so busy harvesting the outdoor, I haven't checked in..but they look healthy and happy so far. I used cement testing cylinders instead if 2liter bottles. I like the roots protected from the light as opposed to the clear 2 liters....

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back