Entering the world of cloning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
As usual did my research...found a great vid of a rooting powder(Super Natural Brand Root Booster)

after i saw the vid i ordered it along with rockwool cubes..due to arrive tuesday..has any1 tried this powder b4....any cloning tips would be great...

I forgot to use my cloning powder a couple of crops ago...... didn't remember til a couple days later....... didn't make a difference...... they rooted just fine. My point is don't make to much out of it...... I didn't use any on the diy coffee can hydro either. I can't tell a difference in my experiences.

youtube is certainly a excellent research source... :rofl:...
ANYONE can post ANYTHING on it bud. It's an entertaining venue, but "I" tend to doubt the validity of "anything" posted there.
...and btw, I disabled the direct link for you..:)

check out the stickies in the Propagation section ...or I have my clone method in my signature...be sure to stop by the "rules" as I see ya all ready met Hick:giggle:

take care and be safe

lol.. I hate youtube... it sucks me in like a giant vortex...:eek:

Hick said:
lol.. I hate youtube... it sucks me in like a giant vortex...:eek:

I love the vids of live music on utube....

While youtube can have some interesting stuff, it also has a bunch of stuff that is B S. I always take everything I see on there with a grain of salt. For instance, the video you watched could have been made by the people that manufacture or sell that rooting powder.

all is true...but i figured i had to use something..so..we'll see...you all know ima post a step by step pic record and see....thanks for info...these will be for my upcomming outdoor grow..taking 1 clone from each plant and putting them in 20 gal totes..dont wanna go into the outdoor on the indoor side...just thought i mention it...plan on planting late mid to late april

for a back up..what have yall used...so far i have super thrive...and the root powder and rockwool cubes thats on the way...you saw the dome and tray..is there anything im missing...

Good info, thanks for starting this thread BDM. Im a first timer at cloning also, so ill be keeping an eye on your results.

If your going to buy powder, compare the percent of butyric acid in it to the gel. The gel may be 3 times more money, but it's usually got 5 times the active ingredient.

:D
Happy cloning!

drfting07 said:
Good info, thanks for starting this thread BDM. Im a first timer at cloning also, so ill be keeping an eye on your results.

well lets see what it do.....lol...as soon as my goodies arrive...

OGKushman said:
If your going to buy powder, compare the percent of butyric acid in it to the gel. The gel may be 3 times more money, but it's usually got 5 times the active ingredient.

:D
Happy cloning!

that wouldve been great to know prior to ordering the powder i did order...but i was ready to enter cloning and had to get something...oh well...ill hope for the best and prepare for the worst...thanks for the input...i'll google the butyric acid content of what i bought...

• 4-Indole-3 butyric acid 0.8%...here's what i found on that note for the super natural i ordered....not sure what it means....

And here's the clonex gels info(clonex gel because it seems popular)
Content,
2.hydroxyethylcel1ulose
9004-62-0
1.2%
indole butyric acid
205-101-5
133-32-4
0.3%
R25
crystal violet dye
208-953-6
548-62-9
0.0012%

not sure what im looking at...maybe you could explain further on the "acids"..thanks

The Hemp Goddess said:
While youtube can have some interesting stuff, it also has a bunch of stuff that is B S. I always take everything I see on there with a grain of salt. For instance, the video you watched could have been made by the people that manufacture or sell that rooting powder.

BTW...my outdoor is reveging just as you said it would..lol...its still growing planted 11-9-11...just thought i'd add that off-topic fact...i cant wait too see how she ends up....during budding all these (sprouted seedling baby type) leaves starting showing up... my first reveg!..Hick, hope you dont mind the 1 outdoor pic too much i just wanted some reveg info....if you move the pic...i understand...lol

FWIW, I've been cloning for a few years and with more than a few techniques.

The easiest for a noob and using rockwool is simply Clonex gel and the Clonex solution.

I use the Clonex gel regardless. Rockwool, jiffy pucks, used mix, whatever. Powders don't even come close to gel.

The Clonex solution (used to water the clones), and MY tap water, ends up right at the right pH for rockwool (5.5-5.8+-). RW's pH is a bit basic and you need to 'pre condition' it with the 5.5-5.8 solution or pH adjusted water.

Use those 2 Clonex products with the RW and it's about as simple as you can get.

Right now, I'm doing a batch with jiffy pucks and K-L-N simply because I ran out of the solution. Still have the gel (used it on the cuts), and RW cubes and will go back to them when I get around to ordering more solution.

When I do the pucks, I just take twice as many cuts as I need because the success rate is much lower. No big deal if you plan ahead.

Wet

Wetdog said:
FWIW, I've been cloning for a few years and with more than a few techniques.

The easiest for a noob and using rockwool is simply Clonex gel and the Clonex solution.

I use the Clonex gel regardless. Rockwool, jiffy pucks, used mix, whatever. Powders don't even come close to gel.

The Clonex solution (used to water the clones), and MY tap water, ends up right at the right pH for rockwool (5.5-5.8+-). RW's pH is a bit basic and you need to 'pre condition' it with the 5.5-5.8 solution or pH adjusted water.

Use those 2 Clonex products with the RW and it's about as simple as you can get.

Right now, I'm doing a batch with jiffy pucks and K-L-N simply because I ran out of the solution. Still have the gel (used it on the cuts), and RW cubes and will go back to them when I get around to ordering more solution.

When I do the pucks, I just take twice as many cuts as I need because the success rate is much lower. No big deal if you plan ahead.

Wet

great info..thanks..ive already ordered a powder...and my plan was to use the powder and water with super thrive treated H2O..im not asking for a success rate..just am i on the right track..is super thrive treated, PH balanced distilled water enough for feeding clones...is this okay/safe?

Rosebud said:

Would a Rose by any other name smell as sweet?

I'm saying no...lol...thanks for reply..there's nothing like the "First Time"...i cant wait to see how this turns out...And from what i've read, all 3 of my strains(Lambs Bread--Super Silver Haze--Jack Herer)produce great outdoors(the purpose of the clones)...not too sure how big of a plant(LST'd)in a 20gal tote will grow..i've always planeted in ground...so all in all..im having a couple first...lol

It will be a great fun filled grow.

Did you ever tell me how you liked your last Jack?

Latest posts

Back