Entry Thread - Bud Picture of the Month May 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This month is going to be a difficult voting month. Everybody’s got such great flowers it’s going to be a tough decision question, is it possible we could have a blind vote and not see the name of who grew the flowers?

When you post your pic ppl would know who you are.

It would remove the popularity vote for one.... another thing we used to do on other threads is, if you won once you cannot win for 6mos, some even went as far as annually.. It's very difficult to compete with some of the super awesome growers on here and some just keep winning monthly and none of the smallere growers have much of a chance and just stop participating feeling they'll never have a chance...

We've gotta keep this fun and interesting... and still competitive

It would remove the popularity vote for one.... another thing we used to do on other threads is, if you won once you cannot win for 6mos, some even went as far as annually.. It's very difficult to compete with some of the super awesome growers on here and some just keep winning monthly and none of the smallere growers have much of a chance and just stop participating feeling they'll never have a chance...

We've gotta keep this fun and interesting... and still competitive

Also volume of plants. Dude flowering 24 plants, or turning 4 over every 2 weeks has a massive advantage over me doing 1, maybe 2 every 3 months

Maybe I think about this ‘contest’ wrong. I look at it as an opportunity for members to share with other members their best looking buds(an updated version of the High Times centerfold). I don’t think anyone grows to ‘win’. We all win in the end because we get to see some beautiful fruits of their labor.

Maybe I think about this ‘contest’ wrong. I look at it as an opportunity for members to share with other members their best looking buds(an updated version of the High Times centerfold). I don’t think anyone grows to ‘win’. We all win in the end because we get to see some beautiful fruits of their labor.

not to mention that we get to smoke our own home grown herbs!

I appreciate the feedback on the contest.

After consideration, if we'd like it to run anonymously or change up what users (based on win history) are allowed to enter each month, I would have to pass the reins to someone else to run the contest. I just don't have the time, or the want, to put anymore time in to the contest then I already do each month.

I hope you all know how much I respect this forum and the members here. I'm just tight on time, all of the time, and can't commit or devote any more time to BPOTM.

Really open to suggestions, and happy to pass this role to someone else if they are confident that they could run it properly.

Idk seems like whoever has the best bud of the month should win regardless on if they've won before or not. Doesn't seem broke to me just my 2 cents....

Im with Oldfogey. This is all about having a little fun and showing off your buds. I have never been butt hurt because i didn't win. Just a game among Brothers and Sisters to keep things fun here on the Passion.

I appreciate the feedback on the contest.

After consideration, if we'd like it to run anonymously or change up what users (based on win history) are allowed to enter each month, I would have to pass the reins to someone else to run the contest. I just don't have the time, or the want, to put anymore time in to the contest then I already do each month.

I hope you all know how much I respect this forum and the members here. I'm just tight on time, all of the time, and can't commit or devote any more time to BPOTM.

Really open to suggestions, and happy to pass this role to someone else if they are confident that they could run it properly.
You do a great job GMO. Running the Bud of the Month contest is very time consuming and not easy to do. Please keep up the good work.

I think without the names, we would still know whose buds they were by keeping up with folks grows. We could have a contest “whose bud is it?” just to prove my point. I think you’re doing a great job gmo. The contest is all in fun and a great way to show off our buds. I love seeing all the buds every month especially on the months where we can see such an array of buds like last month. I wouldn’t change a thing. We should all vote for the best bud even if it’s not our own.
now, who’s bud is it?
IMG_1434.jpeg

That would still be extra work for GMO because you wouldn't be able to post your own bud. You would have to post it on a PM to GMO and then he would have to post it on the thread and keep up with all the pms. More work that he doesn't need for a game that's just for fun. Our fun would become a job for him that he doesn't want or need and no longer would be fun for him.

I really like Subs suggestion about the Who’s Bud is this?
How about we just start a thread called
Guess Who?, and anytime one of us sees a member with an especially scrumptious bud, we just repost the picture in the guess who thread, and see how long it takes for someone to get the right answer. It’s also a way to pay homage to our fellow members by saying, “Your Bud looked so good, I put it in the Guess Who? thread.”

Btw, I haven’t yet figured out who’s bud Sub posted, but I know I recognize it.

I really like Subs suggestion about the Who’s Bud is this?
How about we just start a thread called
Guess Who?, and anytime one of us sees a member with an especially scrumptious bud, we just repost the picture in the guess who thread, and see how long it takes for someone to get the right answer. It’s also a way to pay homage to our fellow members by saying, “Your Bud looked so good, I put it in the Guess Who? thread.”

Btw, I haven’t yet figured out whose bud Sub posted, but I know I recognize it.
You would have to keep up with everyone’s grow journal to see what everyone was growing. That could be interesting! How many people would not share a plant in their journal but put it on bud of the month to keep us on our toes!🤷

I think without the names, we would still know whose buds they were by keeping up with folks grows. We could have a contest “whose bud is it?” just to prove my point. I think you’re doing a great job gmo. The contest is all in fun and a great way to show off our buds. I love seeing all the buds every month especially on the months where we can see such an array of buds like last month. I wouldn’t change a thing. We should all vote for the best bud even if it’s not our own.
now, who’s bud is it?
View attachment 331672
gmo’s?

Latest posts

Back