Enzymes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I was given some enzymes -- traded -- but I am not sure how to use them. I was told to put it in water (1tsp per gal.) and give it to them that way. I can do it that way, but they also need fed, and I am wondering if I can put the enzymes into the GH nutes when I make them up? I don't want some kind of reaction going on in the bucket when I mix them together -- Who of you are up on this topic?

Peace

Do you know the name of them? Is it a hygrozyme/sensizyme type stuff? I used to use hygrozme. I always mixed res first and then added enzyme mixed 50/50 with water. In soil I just added it to the mix last and it seemed to be fine.

BK, they are called "Great White" and are suppose to be a combination of two beneficial enzymes -- one reacts on the root hairs and the other reacts with the main root stems (I'm told) I was also told that they are better than Hydrozyme which has only one of these enzymes. I don't know, but I want to give a little to the Cheese. Do you think I can mix them in with the nutes?

The guy that gave them to me is a hydro nut case -- I asked very specifically if I could use them in soil, and he said, "Yes, why not?" And then he told me to mix them in water (1tsp per gal.) and administer them that way. He also said there is no sense putting them on the flowering plants in the tent because it takes a couple of weeks for them to become established -- How are they used in hydro? I'm just asking if I can put them in the nutes because I want to feed the Cheese this watering. If I don't feed them it will be another three or four days before they are dry enough again. I believe one of the reasons my grows will be successful is because I realize how important it is not to over water (feed) my plants. I suppose I can just feed them this time and give them the enzymes the next time they need water -- sheesh -- my brain is breaking again, lol

Peace

Roddy, GH 3 part nutes work real well in soil -- ask Hammy :)

They are great because you can't hardly mess up with them (I did tho).

They allow a lot of latitude and they are cheap -- I have used them since the beginning.

Congratulations on a year of great growing, my friend!

Peace

I have seen a few ppl myself included use Hydro nutes in soil with no problems but using soil nutes in hydro doesn't work. By adding them in soil you are just boosting the microbes that are already there

Enzymes are beneficial for a plant’s growth because they function to convert minerals into absorbable food for the plant. Without enzymes, plants cannot effectively use the minerals available to them and, as a result, it would be hard for them to use any mineral or nutrient to help them grow fully

Okay, I just talked with my man at the hydro store. He says they are NOT enzymes, they are microbes, and yes, they can be added to nutes. Then he tried to sell me another tent, but there is no room in the old boat for another tent :) I feel a litle easier on the subject now.

Peace

Latest posts

Back