epsom salts foliar spray??? HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

legalize_freedom

:confused: Anyone have the recipe for epsom salt foliar spray, my one book says 2% solution, but it doesn't go into any detail 2% of what to what? I know to add 2 tsp to a gallon to water with it, but I just watered a couple days ago and don't want to overdue it. I know you can foliar feed it ...but don't know how to mix it. Any Help will be very appriciated! Do I just foliar feed with the same solution I would water with??? Thanks in advance!

come on...I know one of you guys know what I'm talking about...or am I going to have to do my homework. I've got a magnesium def., no cal-mag, and I'm not wanting to water for about a 5 days to a week. some body help a guy out...lol

ok I'm a moron though my epsom is a solid ... how many tsp in a gallon...lol...seriously, I don't know if it's cause I'm stoned, I can't do this conversion...I look at these charts I got 3.75 liters= 8 pints=4quarts=1gallon and 1 cup=8 oz=16 tbsp=48 tsp=237ml???

I'M AN AMERICAN....I DON'T KNOW METRICS LOL!

someone please tell me how many tsp of epsom to add to a gallon of water to use as a foliar feed

I feel like I missed the short bus!

1 table poon to 1 gallon water..then use in spreyer..Hope this helps..IM AMERICAN TOO:p

4u2sm0ke said:
1 table poon to 1 gallon water..then use in spreyer..Hope this helps..IM AMERICAN TOO:p
please direct me as to the exact amount of a table of POON.:hubba:

:rofl:

hahaaaaahahaa

I don't think you are supposed to use it as a foliar spray.

Unless you make the spray isotonic you will most likely damage the plant with a hypo/hypertonic solution.

Use it in the soil if you have signs of deficiency. (I'm guessing your using soil)

I would first check the soil pH:
1 part soil
2 parts Distilled water
Shake regularly and check after 10 and 30 minutes.

If your pH is off then I would recommend a flush and recheck the pH.

If the pH is where you want it (typically around 6) then you are good to go.

If the pH is off then adjust with lime or other pH adjusting ammendment.

If you still show signs of defficiency after 1 or 2 weeks then I would consider the epsom.

legalize_freedom said:
ok I'm a moron though my epsom is a solid ... how many tsp in a gallon...lol...seriously, I don't know if it's cause I'm stoned, I can't do this conversion...I look at these charts I got 3.75 liters= 8 pints=4quarts=1gallon and 1 cup=8 oz=16 tbsp=48 tsp=237ml???

I'M AN AMERICAN....I DON'T KNOW METRICS LOL!

someone please tell me how many tsp of epsom to add to a gallon of water to use as a foliar feed

I feel like I missed the short bus!

try disolving it in a cup of warm water, THEN adding it to the gallon ;)

There are 16 tableSpoons in a quart, so there are 64 tablespoons in a gallon. So a 2% solution would be about 1/3 of a Tablespoon per gallon of water (which is a teaspoon).

Hick said:
try disolving it in a cup of warm water, THEN adding it to the gallon ;)

Just as I do my Mollasses...I have a water disspencer that has hot and cold..I fill a coffee cup half way up with hot water..then add the salt/mollasses and stir..then add to the gallon jug and fill with water and shake..shake,,shake........shake....shake shake......shake your BOOOTIE YEAH!!!!

oh I use 1 table poon:p..works 4me

I ground my epsom in a coffee grinder first, then dissolved in cup of warm water. Maybe an unnecessary step though..
Hope it all works out!

Thank you all I was incredibly baked last night....and could not think straight, thank you for all your help, I think I was jumping the gun on it anyway, I'm going to double check my runoff ph next time I water, unless it gets worse in the next few days. Apalasia....Jorge C says in the most recent edition of his bible that a 2% epsom solution can be used as a foliar spray...I'm not saying he's the "GOD" or anything, but I generally respect his knowledge. No disrecpect meant to you either. Thanks for your time everyone!

The Hemp Goddess said:
There are 16 tableSpoons in a quart, so there are 64 tablespoons in a gallon. So a 2% solution would be about 1/3 of a Tablespoon per gallon of water (which is a teaspoon).

There are actually 16 tablespoons to a cup, 4 cups to quart, and 4 quarts to a gallon. So this gives you 256 tablespoons in a gallon or 768 teaspoons.

However, even with this "fuzzy math" your assesment of one teaspoon per gallon of water is an adequate and safe amount.

ercerc said:
There are actually 16 tablespoons to a cup, 4 cups to quart, and 4 quarts to a gallon. So this gives you 256 tablespoons in a gallon or 768 teaspoons.

However, even with this "fuzzy math" your assesment of one teaspoon per gallon of water is an adequate and safe amount.

Thanks. That was quite a dumb mistake on my part :p

Latest posts

Back