Erratic Light Scheduele

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
I cant get to my plant in time for a 12/12 light cycle all the time...sometimes its 11/13, sometimes its 14/10, sometimes some other time. Its usually around 12/12 though. How much of a damaging effect will this have? Can my plant become hermy? Im freakin out man...freakin out~!! lol

Others here will know about the damage issues, but my suggestion would be to get a timer...they are very cheap and worth the money, no hassle.

Yea I know but I have a 400W HPs in a small closet like 3 by 4 by 10 and I have to manually open the door so theres no point in me getting a timer. This frigin means I might have to get up at 630 am every morning LoL. man, its a good thing I stopped smoking or that would never happen LoL.

LOL...BUT is it worth stressing the plant into becoming a male or back into Veg mode?? If that can happen??!!

I'd keep it as close as possible... I was crappin for a few hours tonite when the power went out... freak snow... =( I just put a couple candles under my reflector... made a nice glow.. and kept the cycle straight.

Irattic light cycles, in flower "especially" will promote hernophradism. An occasional change in the cycle 'usually' doesn't present the problem, but if your cycle remains inconsistant over the entire flowering cycle,..."I" fully expect you to have hermie buds.

dude just get a timer.. its not worth the risk of messin up your crop. waiting all this time for hermies or crap bud, deffinatly not worth it.

Poser said:
dude just get a timer.. its not worth the risk of messin up your crop. waiting all this time for hermies or crap bud, deffinatly not worth it.

U get one hermie and it'll spoil ur whole crop... and grow... u'll be pissed! i was the first time I had one!
Timers go online for $10 and under... walmart u can find one for $20 and under.

Ok cool guys, thanks for the responses. I didnt know once a plant was already female it could become a hermie~ I just got a timer so I think I should be ok now.

Latest posts

Back