error while transplanting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crozar

Reaction score
this is the picture of my baby , i had it transplanted because of drainage problem, the problem is , when transplanting it the soil from the buttom crumbled and i think i lost 80% of it , i had the last root with couple stuck in a piece of soil so i was scared and picked up the crumbled soil and bashed it to make it form as watermelon on the buttom and it couldnt hold so i started my tap and watered it and pressed my hand together to stick . .. after that i layed it down and fixed up my new bucked . the problem is , that their wasnt a problem with this plant , it was growing fine and green... and high .. but now the leaves are going down touching the soil :( making it sound as if i drowned her or maybe she cant breath ,. but i didnt press the soil hard .
im hopeing she strengthens and breaks out of this suffication or im not sure if my prediction of this process occurance is correct.

25042009050.jpg

25042009051.jpg

Crozar, did you pack the soil too tightly? Did you hurt the roots? If not, then give it a couple of days to recover. If you packed it too tightly, then I'd say that you would have to redo the transplant. That's just my opinion, though.

i just retransplanted it , i took it out and wibbled my fingers around the tight soil to loosen it up then put it back on the soil , i hope i didnt kill it more :(
lets see what happens by tonight.

IMO you should have added perlite to that soil to help drainage..and it sounds as tho the soil was not dried out enough at transplant..or maybe it wasnt ready for transplanting..give it a week..be sure to let that soil dry well between waterings..Im sorry but i think that soil is going to pack down on you..how fast does water drain threw? Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Not only is that coco too wet, check your ph. Remember: Coco = Hydroponics

...that is choir right? If not, add some pearlite like 4u2smoke stated.

If you find that you wish to start over and your soil falls away from the root dig a small hole in your new mix of organic soil mixed with perlite and /or vermiculite then put the plant into the hole and cover it GENTLY don't pack it down hard !and don't pack soil up the stem to high..the root only ! then throw it out in the sun with a light water ! and you should be fine .. also get some nutes npk 10-10-10 and a digital ph reader and you'll be even better off ! peace ! good luck . it looks over watered as TEG said too !

i got ph reader , im just angry because in this country i cant find everything,
i can get perlite =) this is good for drainage , but i added stones and pieces of clays in my soil to help drainage they drain better now , i can leave the runing water on low and it will not fill up but keeps on draining.
but with this soil its weird right now i got 4plants with this new soil and they are growing pretty tall very tall! lol why is that > :S posting pictures in a minute gottogoto toilettt

ok here are the pics
1 of my plants are ok ,
but the one with the dripping leaves thats with the error transplantation

the new growing babies , these look weird very long necks , im trying to cover it with soil but they keep on growing longer.

26042009052.jpg

26042009053.jpg

26042009054.jpg

26042009055.jpg

26042009056.jpg

You need to put your light closer to the plant or add more light. They are stretching for light you also should plant them deeper into the soil up to the 1st set of leaves...take care..

Dunno where you from but thought i'd add that unless your tap water is spring fed or something its not a good idea to use water straight out the tap because of the chemicals such as chlorine that gets put in.
Normally tap water should be left in an open container for at least 24hrs to let some of the nasties evaporate :)

our city is clean and safe thats why its hard to find stuff for growing , the tap water for the whole country is RO converted .

today i will pst my new lights , il set a journal in the begining of this month

crozar unless the RO is in your house, there are contamiments in the water from the main supply lines. most likely the water company add chlorine and other dissinfectants to the water.

Regular tap water can be used if you let it sit in an open container for a couple of days and the chlorine will evaporate. I have been using tap water in my grows for the last few years and have had no problems. Just check the ph because some municipal water supplies sometimes err on the alkaline side. I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back