Exhaust Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Have a 4x4 foot room with a 600 watt hps/MH on the way. Was thinking I needed around 100CFM fans to properly ventilate. I already have a hole going to my attic, but am also having trouble thinking of a good intake location. Maybe run a second duct up to a vent in the attic to the outside?

Any suggestions on some cheap fans, and ideas for the room would be awesome.

If I have a big enough exhaust fan, would I even need a second intake fan, or would a intake whole just work?

Thanks,

Big

Ya you can just run an exaughst fan with passive intakes, but you need to make sure you get a big enough fan the puffin nugs said would be great

Thanks for the replies, you guys are great!

I want to go stealth, any suggestions on passive intake for my closet? Maybe do some holes in a closet door or the wall?

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Big

Make sure to get the correct type of fan. An inexpensive duct booster fan will not do the job. Look for a centrifuge type fan (Vortex, Can, Eclipse, etc) that pulls 450 cfm or so. Your intake can be passive.

I've been finding cheap inline fans off amazon that put out 500 cfm, some are boosters, some aren't. Stay away?

I think I'm going to go with a Valueline 6 inch 435 CFM fan.

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/valueline-inch-435-cfm-centrifugal-inline-fan-p-2260.html"

There's the link.

Any ideas for a stealth passive intake???? Any suggestions are welcome!

It depends on the fans. Booster fans do not work. They are not meant to be stand alone fans. They are meant to be booster fans for larger fans on long ducting runs.

A 6" Valueline 435cfm should work fine.

As far as your intake...do you have a tent? Are you in a closet? A box built in another room?

I have a closet, which is 4x4x8. I think I might put some black plastic around the door to stop air leaks. While doing this I'm thinking I can put two 8 inch pvc 90's at the bottom of the plastic by the 1/4-1/2 inch gap at the bottom of te door. Being a steath grow, I'd like the least amount of noise as possible, i've heard centrifigal fans are loud, is this true?

Thoughts?

Also, how do you guys feel about axial fans for exhaust?

Bought a 6 inch, 420 cfm fan today. You guys don't think this is a little over kill? Temps in my area will start dropping into the 60's during the day.

No temperature isnt the only reason for the fan. You need air exchange in your room to supply your plants with fresh co2. That should be just about what you need.

bigweedo said:
Bought a 6 inch, 420 cfm fan today. You guys don't think this is a little over kill? Temps in my area will start dropping into the 60's during the day.

I thought the same way, and similar space, bought the 6' 450cfm and works perfectly ,you wouldnt want less, look into a speed control as well. Max can fan have ones built into the cord already but if yours doesnt 'The Speedster' is a popular one for cheap 20-40$ . I use one and allows you to adjust noise level abit better. But thats' surely the fan you want, better too much than not enuff.:)

Thanks for all the replies! I will be purchasing a speed control.:hubba:

Latest posts

Back