Expected flower time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxgr97

Reaction score
Hey I live in Michigan, and I'm just wondering when will the sun change it's cycle, and when should I expect to see some flowering? All of the plants have alternating nodes with lots of internal leaves.

Maxgr97 said:
Hey I live in Michigan, and I'm just wondering when will the sun change it's cycle, and when should I expect to see some flowering? All of the plants have alternating nodes with lots of internal leaves.

According to the University of Michigan, the days become 12/12 on the first day of fall:

1 : the season between summer and winter comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, and November or as reckoned astronomically extending from the September equinox to the December solstice -- called also fall

Equinoxes Sept 23 4:03am
Solstices Dec 22 12:22am

Your plants should start flowering by this date in Sept or shortly after unless the strain you're growing requires less than a 12 hour day.

Good luck to you man.

Alternating nodes are a sign of "readiness" to flower. Are they getting total darkness?..No light from a window or streelight?..Passing cars?..
Anything that might be disrupting the total darkness.
As far north as you are, they should have been flowering by now.

Hey Stoney..
Outdoors, the flowering hormone starts to build as the plant senses "longer nights". Some "early" strains begin to react with as little as 9-10 hours of dark. Once the 'hormone' has built to a critical level, flowering starts. The 12 hour rule really only stands "true" of "equatorial sativas" in the outdoors.
Most of the indica crosses that everyone has these days mature by mid October @ 35-37N.

Latest posts

Back