experienced grower with question re. seed genetics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two

Reaction score
I bought a outdoor mix of seeds from a reputable dealer. Last year I pollinated one plant and got a good stash of mature seeds. Good germination. this year, The question is, can different seeds from the same plant exhibit different tendencies? some of my plants this year have sexed out really early, others not so much. Strong skunk odor on one , not so much on another. I am a returning personal use grower from the 70's just getting started again. If I remember right back in the day our plants did not start sexing until the light began to reduce later in the season.
thoughts or comments welcome

Yep.....like kids...one may have more of the moms gens...one may have more of dads....some may have a even balance....some may grow different, lil genetic side effects..double branching and what not...like theses here, from the same pollination project, raised the exactly the same way from germ, but you see...

View attachment image.jpg

yes, Like strain plants from seed can vary in appearance and whatnot due to what is called phenotypic drift.

Or a more concise way to explain is how buddogmutt did :)

Latest posts

Back