Experiment time. Feel free to tag along.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No loss in effect great buzz. will Mix tincture tomorrow and post pics
Have you grown this strain before? Don't get me wrong,, I'm not saying it's not good dank, and well worth doing what you did,, but without growing it before im not sure how you would know that there was no loss in potency.
Might have to try this on a little weed next time i harvest just to see the difference in taste and potency compared to the weed i didn't wash..

Have you grown this strain before? Don't get me wrong,, I'm not saying it's not good dank, and well worth doing what you did,, but without growing it before im not sure how you would know that there was no loss in potency.
Might have to try this on a little weed next time i harvest just to see the difference in taste and potency compared to the weed i didn't wash..
OK think about this
Bud goes in full size , all the crap that was on them gets flushed out along with weight of anything else it was holding
including chlorophyll . the buds srink and become stronger due to the size (strong bud becomes stronger when condensed down. The Trichomes remain intact as long as you use tempered water (room temp not hot or too cold).
Dense weed will now have the original strength before it srank so you will need more for a joint or bowl.

Why is the bud shrinking in water,, and what crap is on the buds? Most things swell up when wet. And hopefully, there isn't a lot of dirt and crap that would make the Bud bigger than what it should already be on the plant. So I do not understand how water would shrink the buds while they are wet. I get that your cleaning it but it shouldn't be dirty unless you have bugs and stuff.
So you're saying that the bud is big and full of crap that the water washes off and gets smaller because now it doesn't have a bunch of crap in or on the bud. So now you have clean small bud with no crap. :eek:

I grow outside and my buds don't swell up from a bunch of crap. They swell up from flowers full of pistols and trichomes. :vampire:

When i harvest my buds they are full of moisture(water). When the bud losses the moisture and drys out it gets smaller. But your saying the bud gets smaller in the jar full of water. So when it comes out and drys its going to get even smaller. Not seeing the upside to this.

Plus im sturring the shit to get a debate going. 😂 😂 😂 🤪

Last edited:
Why is the bud shrinking in water? Most things swell up when wet. And hopefully there isn't a lot of dirt and crap that would make the Bud bigger than what it should already be on the plant. So I do not understand how water would shrink the buds while they are wet.
It has to do with cell destruction of the plant's cells
Osmosis shiet

Stop making shit up as you go. Prove it with some background studies. Shit gets bigger and swells in water. except for my pecker if it happens to be cold water. 😁:eek:

reason the buds shrink in size is your taking out plant material with each washing (see picture) as the plants cells break down in the water it releases its cell bodies to the water (think a marsh or swamp) and if not rinsed would decay into sludge. But instead we removed the dead plant material each day leaving basically the skeleton of the plant with empty cells but the trichomes stick on the skeleton still. And these buds had been washed and were clean. in regards to loss of potency, I have buds from the same plant I didn’t wash. So I have a control group To check the high. As far as needing more for a bowl, I believe you actually use less. Less say hypothetically you need 1 gram for a bowl. That gram has 10000 trichromes. After water curing that gram is .75 grams but has 10000 trichromes still, so it you use a full gram would would have 12500 trichomes or stronger smoke. Make sense?
A22527FA-2FFD-4953-840E-BB0ED0BC7021.jpeg

I don't see any plant material, just murky water. Those buds look bigger to me. 😁
Eewww,,now your smoking a skeleton. :eek:

reason the buds shrink in size is your taking out plant material with each washing (see picture) as the plants cells break down in the water it releases its cell bodies to the water (think a marsh or swamp) and if not rinsed would decay into sludge. But instead we removed the dead plant material each day leaving basically the skeleton of the plant with empty cells but the trichomes stick on the skeleton still. And these buds had been washed and were clean. in regards to loss of potency, I have buds from the same plant I didn’t wash. So I have a control group To check the high. As far as needing more for a bowl, I believe you actually use less. Less say hypothetically you need 1 gram for a bowl. That gram has 10000 trichromes. After water curing that gram is .75 grams but has 10000 trichromes still, so it you use a full gram would would have 12500 trichomes or stronger smoke. Make sense? View attachment 311992
He just likes to argue and thinks he knows all LOL
Why do I bother , do your own research Hops

Latest posts

Back