Experimental Hydro Mini Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troldmand

Reaction score
Hi OG!

This is my first post, nice to meet you all!

Let me introduce my first experiment with hydroponics - the awesome no-soil way of cooking the beautiful ganja.

I have a long term plan of experimenting with an Arduino (computer) controlled, hydroponics grow, because of my interest in programming and prototyping. For me, to launch an ambitious project, it is very important to get a very low-cost prototype going as fast as possible, and then gradually expand it as I am learning about the subject.

So this is the first iteration! I bought a can of tomato paste, I cut lots of holes in a standard plastic plant cup from some basil I bought for 2 dollars, I found some rockwool on the street by a construction site and carefully wrapped the roots in it. I placed it in those planty balls I always forget the name of and fittet the cup trough a carefully scissored hole in the lid of the tomato can.

Then I sprinkled a bit of organic fertilizer in some water and voila! After 4 days away from home, the plant was looking shitty, and the water was rotten and smelly. You see, I was still waiting for the 4 dollar aquarium bubble-maker from China. Changing the water frequently helps, and now I've poked a tiny straw down trough the pebbles which I blow air in twice a day, to give it oxygen until my parts arrive. I'm also waiting for a EC tester and PH tester.

Oh, and my window in my single-room apartment is facing east, and I'm in Copenhagen, Denmark. Not always sunny, but we're been lucky this spring.

Gotta' go to work now, and I didn't want the introduction to be super long.

Hi eveyone, let me know what you're thinking about this little playful adventure [emoji847]

Have a great weekend,

Troldmand
1526623715182.jpeg

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back