EZ cloner help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the EZ cloner machine? A friend gave me his and not sure how to use it. Everything works great.

It is pretty straight foward bud. Just add water and cloning solution to the unit, snip your clones, put them in the little neoprene collars, and turn it on. It will do the rest of the work for you. I will suggest you place the cloner on a cold concrete floor or something. I find that it helps keep the temps of the resevoir down from the pump running. I run a Botanicare cloner but they are about the same design.

what kind of cloning solution are you adding to the unit ive never heard this before?

I use clean water with a ph of 6.2- 6.5 changing the water 3-5 days(continualy clonnin) with DUTHC MASTER "REPLICATOR".i'D SAY 8/10 CLONE(INC. HARD 2 CLONE STRAINS).Only diffrence is mine is made from a thick solid blue tote from ?arget(for shoes $4.00),air curtains(2 @ $1.25 each),about 5 feet of line(@ $3.00 per 25"),1 120 gal. air pump( dual out put @ $8.50)
Like I say I get about 80% rooted clones 4 under $20.00.My mom puts them in a big cup and puts cell wrap over the cup and in the window-no air, no hormone w/ incredible success.

How big of a cutting should I take and how much stem should be sticking through the neoprene collar?

Long enough that the stem is sitting right above the water and air bubbles

Sir Stonedalot said:
How big of a cutting should I take and how much stem should be sticking through the neoprene collar?

PCduck he is using an aero-cloner not a bubble style. I say you want to take your cutting about 4 inches long. You want to take them right at a node on the branch (where the leaf meets the stem). Cut off these two leaves and insert it so 1 inch sits below the neoprene collar. The reason I say take your clones at a node is I have found that you will get roots faster where the leaf meets the stem, instead of just the stem. I will take a pic for you in the morning when I take some clones myself.

BuddyLuv said:
PCduck he is using an aero-cloner not a bubble style. I say you want to take your cutting about 4 inches long. You want to take them right at a node on the branch (where the leaf meets the stem). Cut off these two leaves and insert it so 1 inch sits below the neoprene collar. The reason I say take your clones at a node is I have found that you will get roots faster where the leaf meets the stem, instead of just the stem. I will take a pic for you in the morning when I take some clones myself.

opps:eek: my bad Buddy. Thanks for picking up on that:)

If he did that PC he would have to take 12 inch clones. I am thinking of making one of those bubbler cloner for craps and giggles. Do you like yours?

Yes I like it...I like the idea of putting my clones in my DWC without any other additive such as rockwool or rapid rooter plugs. Just straight roots and hydroton.

When starting from seeds I either had a rockwool cube in there with the hydroton or if I seeded in soil I had to gently rinsed the soil off. Clones with roots are sooo much easier

if one were to make a good sized bubble cloner could you just veg in the same unit? then go to my flower flood and drain table. no net pots or anything.

Don't forget to start with the right water, i've got the Botanicare 25 and love it.

I started a expeirmental batch of clones yesterday in my botanicare 25, instead of the power clone with retails at 39.50 i used DYNA-GRO K L N ( it's only 11.95 for the same 8 ounces). I'm not real good at math and maybe somebody could help me figure this. the power clone by Botanicare is Nitrogen 0.20 phosphate 0.30 potash 0.20 The DYNA _ GRO is nit. 0.009 phos. 0.011 potash 0.006 how close are these two formulas? The power clone is very successful but sheeese, almost 75% cheaper on the other , the machine is 2.5 gal. and i used 5 tsp. of dyna and 3 hydroguard, if I've got it close it should subsitute.Anyway I hope I still get my 40 bucks worth of roots for 12, I'll let you know !!

No just make your final cut under water. I usually cut them about an inch below a node ( I usually take 25@ a time), gather them all up, trim off the leaves from the last node and then make a cut a few millimeters below that node under water. I then stick it in its collar, put it in the machine, and move on to the next one. When I am all done I turn it on.

I was really worried the 1st time I cloned,,,And now I dont know why. It's very simple. Cut it,put it in water,, with an Airstone,and let it do its thing. I use Superthrive and Dutch Master Zone for the roots.And as you see in the link above in my last post,,,they are booming with roots in 2.5 weeks.:hubba: Nothen more then sticking a clipping in a Mini DWC.

Latest posts

Back