Facts about PMs / Conversations

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First to make a Conversation/pm you can click on a person's avatar, click on it and when the box opens look on the lower edge for "Start A Conversation".
When you click on that the the PM / Conversation area opens.
Since you click on this from the member's box, the TO name will be filled in.
Below that you will see a Title box, and then the larger Message box.
Fill those in. Then on the lower right is Start Conversation button. Click on that.

Also, you can go up to that little envelope right next to your name on the upper right.
Click on it. You can see the queue of PMs/Conversations you have not read. Click on them to read them.
But you can Start a Conversation. Look down that box on the bottom right.
1632070925628.png

Then click on that and you'll get the same To: Title: Message: boxes. This time you have to type in the member's name that you wish to contact.

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
When you are making your conversation/PM at the bottom are two settings. One allows replies and the other one does not. I recommend not using the Lock. That is very frustrating to try to answer someone that needs information and you cannot reply.

1632070134317.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Now to deleting a Conversation / PM. Technically, You cannot do it.

What you do is LEAVE the conversation. This will make it not visible in your PM / Conversation box.

1632070406357.png

This LEAVE will make you not see this Conversation / PM. But you can set it to allow replies and you will see it again, or not allow replies and that means you will not see it again.

1632070543426.png

Now you have that much done. If you IGNORE future messages this PM/Conversation is gone for you.

Now for the very technical issue of "Deleting" a pm. When all parties of a PM have used LEAVE, then the software deletes it.

Attachments

ROSTERMAN

Bud Of The Month Tender Jr. Staff Peon
Reaction score
I kid of course
Not that there is anything wrong with that

WeedHopper

Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I can see everybody's PMs because i am the Devil and Judging by what ive read in your pms, you are all coming with me real soon.🤪

1632169633823.png

pute

Staff member
Reaction score
@ Big....why are you so worried about me seeing your pm's? You are either dealing or messing with Mrs Pute....she did say the staples in your neck were sexy.

I am working Angie every day for more power.... won't be long before I can transport into your living room...where is Swede.., I can't see her.

patwi

Reaction score
PHP sites have secret rooms and variable controls within itself . Openness in internet exchanges is a bit insane with some geographical locales that still prohibit being a farmer and that can be very harmful. Open ... yeah

no biggie for me but PM does stand for "Personal"

Was asked to go to a gated community site when I took a great fart and shot away from censor island .. been there before, seen it .. backbiting and gossip .... naw,. don't need it