Failed Thanksgiving Brownies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownies4Me

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I made a pan of brownies with an 8th or a quarter of some good dro. I just ground the bud up as much as possible and threw it in the batter like a noob. It tasted gross, weed was in your teeth, but I was ******...up. We all were.

Fast forward 12 years...

I had our 4th annual "Weedsgiving" among our friends this year. We took 2.2 grams of solid, strained keef we had collected from good batches. After much research, we decided to put the keef into a pan containing only the vegetable oil.

I thought, since an eighth or quarter of flower messed us up, 2.2 grams of keef should destroy us, but I went with my fiancé and mixed it into the vegetable oil, instead of just pouring the keef into the batter as I wanted to do, and after consuming three of them from a 13x9 pan, I'm barely high.

They are a total bust.

I feel as though if we had put them in the batter, they heat of the oven would allow the keef to seep into the brownies and be perfect. I don't know what mixing it into the simmering oil did. They taste great, no weed in the teeth, but the high sucks and I wanted to be tore up.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MP, but you need to read the rules, we have a no swearing site.

Did you decarbolize your material? Someone that makes killer brownies will be by shortly I hope. Until then check out or cooking section.

A no-swearing site? On the internet? For adults?? About narcotics? Alright...

Did you decarb the hash before using it?

No, I don't know what that is. I Googled something about pot brownies and it brought me here, and I posted.

But I didn't do whatever that is to the bud-brownies I made, either.

EDIT: I watched a video of a dude decarbing some hash, I suppose, on YouTube just now and it looks complicated. I guess I'll read up on it.

All it is, is heating your material at 200-230 degrees for a half an hour.

I used 4 grams of oil in my last batch, 2 brownie dose for me is nice buzz.

"A no-swearing site? On the internet? For adults?? About narcotics? Alright..."

We are glad you found us. Narcotics, no we don't discuss those either, we do however talk about Marijuana, Cannabis, Pot, Medicine, Dank, etc.

Don't be overwhelmed about decarb. Just use a cookie sheet. It WILL smell up your house.

1 oz per brownie mix---you don't need no stinking butter---and u don't need no stinking decarb---mix that herb right into the brownie mix will work just fine next time

1 oz per brownie mix---you don't need no stinking butter---and u don't need no stinking decarb---mix that herb right into the brownie mix will work just fine next time

Thank you, I was like why would anyone decarb if your gonna be decarb in while cooking? Answered my question for my batch of cookies, I'll be dumping in an ounce of 220 dry sift hash

I began making a cake for myself almost the same way but with really expensive bud once upon a time. Didnt do too bad but funny story, I had placed the cake on the kitchen bench to cool after it was in the oven and I went into my room to grind COD for a bit. Moments later I go to check the cake, half of it is eaten. I look over at the couch there is Grandpa sleeping like a rock with a quarter of the half of the cake left on a plate ahaha I thought huh wish I could get high like that still.

If you cook the brownies too high, you can destroy the THC. So, what temp did you use for the brownies?

Last time I made a batch I heated my herb in the oven at 210 for about 30 minutes, then I removed, ground up and threw in a pan on the stove with some *Coconut oil* because it's more fat soluble than vegetable oil (don't worry about the coconut taste, you'll never notice and I'm not a fan either)

Okay back on track, you'll want to bring the coconut oil to a light simmer and mix in your herb. You do not want the oil to boil, barely a simmer.. Like a few bubbles here and there.

I let it sit like that for a good hour, hour and 20 mins. Then using a cheese cloth I strain out the plant matter and end up with some very dark green oil.

Then just use the oil in your recipe as it calls for! Pretty easy.

last time I made brownies using this method I used 1.5 oz of very good cannabis (trim and buds) for 1 box of brownie mix and they were VERY strong. Had to call into work the next day because I woke up on the moon lol. Hey... I'm not complaining!

Latest posts

Back