Fan leaves again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachdude757

Reaction score
IMG_20221003_184832838.jpg
Don't I want to clip these top fans for bott flowers?

Hey 757. I'm a 757 too 😊.

1. Have you topped your plants yet?

2. Are they photos or Autos?

I would just let them ride for a bit more unless your lower fan leaves are touching the soil get rid of those they will make trouble. then once they are a bit larger start trimming the lower fan leaves and anything that doesn’t see the light as you will not get anything from that anyway and removing the lower veg from your plants will allow more growth energy to the bud sites.
Once you top them, you will notice the internode growth which will bring more tops. If they are photos, you can top them again and again to get more bud sites. Then you can remove any fan leaves that aren’t so healthy and any in the way of your bud sites shielding the light. Good luck on your grow, your plants look like they are off to a good start 😊

3. What kind of light are you using?

4. What is your light cycle?

Last edited:
Hey 757. I'm a 757 too 😊.

1. Have you topped your plants yet?

2. Are they photos or Autos?

I would just let them ride for a bit more unless your lower fan leaves are touching the soil get rid of those they will make trouble. then once they are a bit larger start trimming the lower fan leaves and anything that doesn’t see the light as you will not get anything from that anyway and removing the lower veg from your plants will allow more growth energy to the bud sites.
Once you top them, you will notice the internode growth which will bring more tops. If they are photos, you can top them again and again to get more bud sites. Then you can remove any fan leaves that aren’t so healthy and any in the way of your bud sites shielding the light. Good luck on your grow, your plants look like they are off to a good start 😊

3. What kind of light are you using?

4. What is your light cycle?
45E7FDE0-7436-45DC-B08C-A07BE9BBC495.jpeg
Also, try to keep this stuff out of your tent…

View attachment 310180Don't I want to clip these top fans for bott flowers?
If you are talking about clipping the new growth at the top of the plant(they will be fan leaves as they grow out), that is called ‘topping’(as subby was asking). Topping the plants will encourage growth of the lower branches on the plant to give you more bud sites. At this point in veg, you could top the plants. I see some lower branches growing nicely in your pic already. If on the other hand you are talking about clipping the larger fan leaves towards the top, that would not be a good idea. You can tuck the upper fan leaves under the branches you want to encourage growth of but during veg, you want as much surface area to get light for photosynthesis so, as subby said, trimming away leaves that are touching the soil or just pushing the soil away from the lowest leaves is good practice.

Latest posts

Back