Fan Leaves all gone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
well darn I am only into week 3 or 4 of bloom and all my fan leaves have turned gold ( or rust color, real crispy ) and fallen off. now what? toss em or hope for a miracle?

Based off of that it could be:
1)PH Lock Out from salt build up?
2)Low Iron/Mg or probably Nitrogen if yellow / golden brown
3)High heat in 85°F to low 90°F ranges
Or most probable spidermites
but yes yes def put up a pic

Just my two cents

Much Love
Aum Mani Ganja Hum

A pic would help a ton. Going by your description I would suspect a serious PH problem and or heat issues. Those are just guesses without seeing pics.

Many strains do fade to pale yellow on the fan leaves with energies diverted to the buds, and its always a good idea to flush the system once vegging is done ...did you?
post a pic...or let the blind lead the blind ....lol

imo---ur plants were starving for N when u flipped to flower---it would not be too late to give them a bit now being sure not to feed too much as N is not a primary nute needed for flower---cal mag may also help

if u in hydro results s/b seen in a couple days---soil a couple weeks

yes it's hot
yes I had spidermites
Don't think it was a n problem... just wondering if it can still mature without fan leaves

If it is not an N problem, what do you think it was?

They may make it, but they will certainly not be the plants they could have been. The vast majority of the photosythesis takes place in the fan leaves.

I was not aware a plant needs a lot of (N) approaching bud(seedset?) ..the plants concern male or female is to reproduce, it certainly don't need (N) nitrogen for that, but quantities of (K) and (P) is ideal, to make the energy for this it needs those fan leaves as solar sugar engines, consider if possible returning your plants to veg, for perhaps another month or two, just to grow some fans, or even re set the rootzone some?

Again without a pic ...its blind leading the blind

i use 10-10-10 till the last couple weeks and have never had a problem. like everyone said pics will help. if you had spider mites then you need to handle that first then you can do the feeding that you need to help the plant. get you some safer 3n1 and get the mites. i have never used this stuff as i'm on a budget, but a lot of people use it till finish. no matter what you use to get the mites you need to clean you space with bleach/water or 50% water 50% alcohol in a spray bottle.

Bringing plants from flo to veg has shown a major slow down in growth as it switchs back to veg but will surely work problem is amount of time it'll take vs just continuing

Latest posts

Back